PDA

View Full Version : Is Poet talking already?

2birds
08-29-2014, 02:57 AM
I was trying to get Poet off of the top of her cage to put her to sleep for the night and she didn't want to come down. I kept on insisting and she kept on resisting. And then, I could have swore that I heard her say in a really croaky voice "I don't want to". That seems to be a bit much for a 5 month old. Maybe I imagined it

kendrafitz
08-29-2014, 11:32 AM
How cool if she is!!!!

Macaw Lover
08-29-2014, 01:12 PM
If she did not say it in words, she got the message to you telepathically

spiritbird
08-29-2014, 05:57 PM
How old is Poet? The timneh I had spoke her first words at 9 months of age.

plax
08-29-2014, 06:14 PM
I was trying to get Poet off of the top of her cage to put her to sleep for the night and she didn't want to come down. I kept on insisting and she kept on resisting. And then, I could have swore that I heard her say in a really croaky voice "I don't want to". That seems to be a bit much for a 5 month old. Maybe I imagined itI don't know, Lori... considering that Zaf can carve his initial in the plastic case of a television remote control unit, I wouldn't rule out anything ;). I'm sure you'll know soon enough :D

2birds
08-29-2014, 11:35 PM
I don't know, Lori... considering that Zaf can carve his initial in the plastic case of a television remote control unit, I wouldn't rule out anything ;). I'm sure you'll know soon enough :D
You do realize that Zaf now OWNS that tv. LOL

plax
08-29-2014, 11:38 PM
You do realize that Zaf now OWNS that tv. LOLYep. He's the dominant force around here it seems :th_shakehead:

Lady
08-29-2014, 11:59 PM
Really, Wow, how awesome~

2birds
08-30-2014, 12:21 PM
How old is Poet? The timneh I had spoke her first words at 9 months of age.

She is only five months old. She is practicing though, she's making a lot of other sounds other than her natural ones.

Mare
08-31-2014, 04:56 AM
I hear those African Greys are awful smart..it wouldn't surprise me, that's for sure! My cockatoos will tell me what's up, in so many words, without a human word! You may just be learning how to read your lovely Poet :)