PDA

View Full Version : City Dweller

Lady
08-12-2014, 08:27 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am very excited to be part of this community. I stumbled across your site in search of information about general parrot care and information. I have been spending hours reading all the wonderful information you guys have posted and am most grateful to you all for it. I have already bookmarked different links some of you have posted with tons of information that I will be reading and re-reading for weeks to come. I hope to learn much and put some of it into action with our little companion.

I hope to use the blog section to keep record of what is successful when working with her, as well as feedback and constructive criticism to help make our relationship the best it can be. I am sure I will be asking questions and posting as I become more familiar with the forum.

We have a Severe Macaw who we have had for at least 5 years. She came from a pet store where she was given the name Lady. More information in a blog to come.

Thanks for reading my introduction post.

jtbirds
08-12-2014, 08:38 PM
Hello and welcome to the site!! We look forward to the blog:)!

plax
08-12-2014, 09:50 PM
Thanks so much for joining us. Lady is quite a pretty girl :). I too am looking forward to your blog.

jtbirds
08-12-2014, 10:39 PM
P.s. If that is a picture of lady as your avatar. That is not a severe macaw! That is illigers macaw which is as well a mini macaw, but slightly different in size and so on. They are one of my favorite mini's besides severes and seem to be extremely hard to find!

edit: fixed the species

kendrafitz
08-12-2014, 10:39 PM
Hi and welcome!! Looking forward to reading all about your adventures!

Lady
08-12-2014, 10:55 PM
P.s. If that is a picture of lady as your avatar. That is not a severe macaw! That is illigers macaw which is as well a mini macaw, but slightly different in size and so on. They are one of my favorite mini's besides severes and seem to be extremely hard to find!

edit: fixed the species

Thank You Jt,
I see how much I need this site already!

plax
08-12-2014, 11:04 PM

edit: fixed the speciesYep. Illiger's Macaw is what I say as well. Have a look...

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Pinkbirdy
08-13-2014, 12:05 AM
Neat ,I don't know to many mini macaw owners :)

2birds
08-13-2014, 03:14 AM
Welcome to the forum. Lady is a beautiful macaw.

Mare
08-14-2014, 02:22 AM
Hi there! Welcome and so happy you've joined us with the Lady! May I ask what your first name is? I just don't want to respond to you with "hey, you"! :). Lady is a Beauty!

Lady
08-14-2014, 07:16 PM
Hi there! Welcome and so happy you've joined us with the Lady! May I ask what your first name is? I just don't want to respond to you with "hey, you"! :). Lady is a Beauty!

Hi Mare,
Thank you and everyone for such a warm and friendly welcome. Thank you all also for your comments about Lady. Yes, my name is Alice. Nice to met you and everyone

Mare
08-15-2014, 04:03 PM
Great! Hi, Alice! :th_biggrin: