PDA

View Full Version : Post pictures of your goffins ;)

Pinkbirdy
07-20-2014, 10:15 PM
My Pearl monster :) [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] 6f43bb0.jpg ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] 6f43bb0.jpg.html)

kendrafitz
07-21-2014, 01:38 AM
Love Pearl!!

Maddy
07-21-2014, 04:24 AM
No Goffins here, but Pearl is adorable! :th_heart:

coltfire
07-21-2014, 07:01 AM
21992200not mine but I feed them daily

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Tapatalk

Pinkbirdy
07-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Steve ,I love your "Goffins" :) Always wanted a western slender billed Too.

coltfire
07-21-2014, 01:45 PM
Here there could short billed corralla then there is the long billed corralla

2birds
07-21-2014, 04:03 PM
Lilliput says Hello
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Pinkbirdy
07-21-2014, 06:51 PM
Hello Lilliput :) looks like a sweet one

jtbirds
07-21-2014, 11:04 PM
Looks like one is a bare eyed steve am I correct?

Mare
07-22-2014, 01:11 AM
Pearl monster has the same look that my Sassy monster has most times! He's very handsome! Lilliputs a doll, too! This is Sassy...she's enjoying Tim's caress..[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

I need to get some more recent ones of her, her feathers are just now coming back around. She comes and she goes with picking on herself.

Pinkbirdy
07-22-2014, 02:42 AM
Sassy looks like a nicer bird :) She even looks female

Mare
07-22-2014, 03:40 AM
She's been tested and is female but has never laid an egg, thank God! She has her moments of niceness, LOVES Tim, puts up with me but only if he isn't around. We actually do pretty well but only if she is in a good mood. I've learned to read her pretty well, this has helped, so much :)

2birds
07-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Steve, they are yours until they say they're not yours just like ours in the house. And then, you still keep feeding them. LOL

2birds
07-22-2014, 10:57 AM
Pearl is adorable and so is Sassy. I love the goffins attitude, they are little comedians with rhythm. Mare, Lilliput was a little bit of a picker when she arrived here but she seems to be not doing that anymore.

Mare
07-22-2014, 04:25 PM
Lori, Sassy comes and goes. Half the year she looks like she went through a shredder, the other half she is beautifully feathered. Not too sure what gets her going on herself. I've noticed though, that she stresses more when my hubs it gone for more than a couple days at a time. This is when I give her lots more attention, the only time she'll actually LET me,,but she does obviously miss him.
She was way worse when we first brought her home. Her original owners both worked all day and even in the evening when they were home, she didn't get out much. She was kept in a back room with not a lot of light and no company :(

Pinkbirdy
07-22-2014, 09:36 PM
Jt ,I want to see your Pearl :)

jtbirds
07-22-2014, 10:11 PM
Maybe if she would sit still!:)

2birds
07-23-2014, 12:39 PM
Lori, Sassy comes and goes. Half the year she looks like she went through a shredder, the other half she is beautifully feathered. Not too sure what gets her going on herself. I've noticed though, that she stresses more when my hubs it gone for more than a couple days at a time. This is when I give her lots more attention, the only time she'll actually LET me,,but she does obviously miss him.
She was way worse when we first brought her home. Her original owners both worked all day and even in the evening when they were home, she didn't get out much. She was kept in a back room with not a lot of light and no company :(

Mare, I'm not home all of the time either but Lilliputs is doing so much better than when she first got here. In my case as well as yours, it probably helps them to not be the only bird. Mine keep each other company while I am out working for their food. I think that if I could only keep one bird I wouldn't have any. They're minds weren't built for a lonely existence.

Mare
07-24-2014, 02:10 AM
Exactly my point, sort of, Lori! If you have a bird that is left to it's self for most hours of the day, get it a companion bird :).

coltfire
07-26-2014, 02:15 PM
Another 6 came in today

Pinkbirdy
04-25-2016, 01:09 PM
My Pearl monster :) [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] 6f43bb0.jpg ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] 6f43bb0.jpg.html)

Mare ,I was thinking I had this picture of Pearl in a blanket like Sassy :)

Mare
04-25-2016, 03:07 PM
Super cute, that's one handsome Pearl, Terri! They DO love their blankys :)

The Pinkertons
04-25-2016, 06:02 PM
Aww...What a cutie! :heart:

The Pinkertons
04-25-2016, 06:08 PM
4014 But... a bankie with Too's :giggle:

Mare
04-25-2016, 07:57 PM
Suzanne, The Pinkertons are precious! :).

Lady
04-27-2016, 02:01 AM
and so very PINK!!!

Pinkbirdy
04-28-2016, 01:16 AM
4014 But... a bankie with Too's :giggle: I will take them instead "any day" :)

spiritbird
04-28-2016, 03:08 AM
What are their personalities like?

Pinkbirdy
04-28-2016, 03:52 PM
Loving all the different species .I wondered about them myself.I have looked them up on videos before.Thinking they would be like my Rb2,but surprisingly they reminded me of the big white Too personality.

The Pinkertons
04-29-2016, 11:42 PM
Loving all the different species .I wondered about them myself.I have looked them up on videos before.Thinking they would be like my Rb2,but surprisingly they reminded me of the big white Too personality. Majors Mitchells are a Nomadic species. In the wild they are usually seen in solitary pairs or vary small group of pairs. They differ from the other Cockatoos in that they are not a flock species. Characteristics of the MM2S, in my experience, are that they are somewhat Aloof , Skittish, and "Drama Queens" . If handled on a daily bases they will tame down. Not the "Velcro Bird" like Umbrella and Moluccan. Independent... they can keep themselves entertained with their toys , they like being in the thick of things watching the coming and goings and being part of the action. They like to cuddle in their Blanket and hang out on shoulder,. In comparison, I would say a cross between a Rosie and Moluccan. Not demanding like the Big Too' s . I love them !

The Pinkertons
04-29-2016, 11:50 PM
I will take them instead "any day" :) Terri you don't really mean that do you ? ... Pearl is adorable.

Pinkbirdy
04-30-2016, 03:04 PM
Not to sound awful ,but Pearl is the most psychotic Bird I have :) .We have figured him out though.As long as he gets celebrity attention once a day ( he's great).We hoot and holler while he does tricks

Mare
04-30-2016, 03:49 PM
Goffins are pretty psychotic, true.. Sassy is also fine once she gets some one on one but you DO have to make the time, it's so important to them :)

The Pinkertons
04-30-2016, 04:59 PM
Not to sound awful ,but Pearl is the most psychotic Bird I have :) .We have figured him out though.As long as he gets celebrity attention once a day ( he's great).We hoot and holler while he does tricks

Parrots:

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen

Terri , I'm in awe of your Flock ... I have been contemplating Adopting a Blue Throated Macaw Baby, I would welcome some input on the intermixing of species .Do your Old world Parrots cohabitate reasonably well with your New world Parrots . Mare, I don't mean to hijack your thread . I can move it , I am just curious about Macaw temperament vs. Cockatoo temperament. I realize this is a broad statement, every bird is unique.

Mare
04-30-2016, 05:28 PM
It's not my thread, Suzanne :). Good question for Terri!

Pinkbirdy
04-30-2016, 06:42 PM
Good choice with the Blue throat Macaw .Most loving of the species (from the people that I know that have them).The are a smaller Macaw :).They might not be best friends with your Mitchell's .They will like having new flock friends.Macaws are my favorite:) I have 26 birds just haven't updated in awhile.

Pinkbirdy
04-30-2016, 06:45 PM
The one I saw on that U tube video.Was such a show off like my smaller white Toos

The Pinkertons
04-30-2016, 07:06 PM
Good choice with the Blue throat Macaw .Most loving of the species (from the people that I know that have them).The are a smaller Macaw :).They might not be best friends with your Mitchell's .They will like having new flock friends.Macaws are my favorite:) I have 26 birds just haven't updated in awhile. Holy Moley, That's beyond fulltime job. I hope you have help. My female Bella is a show-off , Bentley my boy, is a perch potato, even when he was a baby, he pretends he's the boss ( his male ego ), but reality he waits for Bella to initiate,. I always tend to want species in pairs, that's what's holding me back ...More cages, more mess, more food , more vet bills . I need to resist the temptation, seems I'm always the glutton for punishment. Do I really need to go there,! :th_hmmm:

Pinkbirdy
04-30-2016, 08:45 PM
I kind of tend to want to get a male and a female too. Not to breed but to experience the species .I get up at 4 to take care of my flock . I think I just love being so busy with something Im so passionate about. I like that Im not worried about stupid stuff like my friends are. Im too busy !!!!

Mare
04-30-2016, 10:15 PM
Terri! What and WHO are your new additions?!

Pinkbirdy
05-01-2016, 12:53 AM
Having problems with my computer [so I cant do pictures]. 2 cockatiels ,1 lovebird ,3 Caiques,3 Cockatoos ,4 Macaws,2 male Ekkies ,2 Zons,2 Lorries,1 Hawkhead,1 grey ,2 conues ,2 Quakers .

The Pinkertons
05-02-2016, 12:56 AM
Having problems with my computer [so I cant do pictures]. 2 cockatiels ,1 lovebird ,3 Caiques,3 Cockatoos ,4 Macaws,2 male Ekkies ,2 Zons,2 Lorries,1 Hawkhead,1 grey ,2 conues ,2 Quakers . Terri your missing one. I only count 25 :23_11_52:

Pinkbirdy
05-02-2016, 05:05 PM
LOL :) Maybe I only have 25

The Pinkertons
05-02-2016, 05:27 PM
LOL :) Maybe I only have 25 To funny...so yesterday I talked to the Breeder about her available baby "Blue Throat Mac's" they will be ready in September... I have an appointment this Sunday to go visit them ... My head is already calculating and justifying my possible acquisition. She say's that blue throat macs would be like the cockatoos of the macaw world. What say you ! I'm getting excited about the possibility. She's sending me a video of the clutch hatching. I got her permission to post it here on PP.

Pinkbirdy
05-02-2016, 05:49 PM
Bonded Macaws are like no other {you will see}. So exciting !!! :) Friends that have these are the biggest loves. Its funny I used to have a big fear of birds but always admired people that had "Big ones". Well I got my Motorcycle [and learned to ride]. I thought If I can do this I can do anything :) I want a big bird [I thought was going to be a Too ]. I spoke with the bird guy around my area . He said if you get a Macaw they will compare to no other [and he was right !!!}.

The Pinkertons
05-02-2016, 06:15 PM
Bonded Macaws are like no other {you will see}. So exciting !!! :) Friends that have these are the biggest loves. Its funny I used to have a big fear of birds but always admired people that had "Big ones". Well I got my Motorcycle [and learned to ride]. I thought If I can do this I can do anything :) I want a big bird [I thought was going to be a Too ]. I spoke with the bird guy around my area . He said if you get a Macaw they will compare to no other [and he was right !!!}. Just reading this is exciting !!! I need to do more research on them. When something of interest strikes me . I devourer anything and everything about the subject...You could describe it as a "Research O.C.D. Syndrome "

Mare
05-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Terri, you are an amazing nut-case! :). I don't know how you do it but I give you lots of kudos! Suzanne, I'm excited for you and look forward to seeing some pics!!