PDA

View Full Version : Caboose !

Pinkbirdy
07-19-2014, 10:11 PM
Heres , the caique that Debra was trying to find a home for. First Brandon was going to take him , then I ended up with him [wanted to show him .) Hes a young caique that has some plucking issues. he is such a trooper!!! Flew from Texas to me in New York . He turned out to be the sweetest thing :) I feel lucky [thought I was going to have a little mad caique on my hands ! Such a love, loves to be on me all the time. Keeping him away from my other birds . Hoping he gets along with my other caiques when the time comes. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Mare
07-19-2014, 10:57 PM
Aww.. He's adorable, Terri! :th_heart: What's the noise level of these little guys compared to say..a cockatoo? :). That was nice of you to take him and let us know how he integrates, when the time comes! How are the rest of your "band of thieves" doing?

Pinkbirdy
07-20-2014, 12:40 AM
As for the noise level [ this guys are nothing ] compared to a Too :) . You are at the top of the noise level [he he ]. though my ekkie guys are loud. Caiques are a blast ,know how to entertain themselves ,not afraid of anything ,hearty eaters. bounce paly on their backs and affectionate to you. good addition to anyones flock. This Caboose guy acts just like a Caiquie.

Caiques are not that loud [nothing compared to a Too]. :) These guys are tons of fun [easiest to take care of in my flock].They really know how to entertain themselves ,but are affectionate to you too.Daves really worked with Pearl this year [now he likes him too.] :)

Mare
07-20-2014, 01:07 AM
I'm happy to hear Pearl is getting along well :). These Goffin's are a trip! Sassy is also doing better with me, (this week), she comes and goes, moody little sweet peas, THAT they are!

jtbirds
07-20-2014, 01:33 AM
I have a goffins named pearl now terri!! If you have any questions about the caique and need help you know my PM is open. I Love solving birdie problems;)

Mare
07-20-2014, 03:15 AM
Is your Goffin's a rescue, Justin?

2birds
07-20-2014, 06:30 AM
Awwe, what a neat little guy.

Pinkbirdy
07-20-2014, 01:36 PM
Watch out for those birds named Pearl:)

jtbirds
07-21-2014, 12:19 AM
Mare all of mine are rescues;).

plax
07-21-2014, 12:26 AM
Caboose sounds like a neat little bird, Terri :)

Pinkbirdy
07-21-2014, 01:21 AM
Thanks ,one of those species you can have a bunch of :) . Im lucky hes such a good bird [ I thought he was coming with big issues]. When Debra first got him he had a collar on that I guess he hated. She took it off and was fine without it [hes good with me too.]

Mare
07-22-2014, 01:37 AM
Mare all of mine are rescues;).

Doi..on my part :). I just meant whether or not your Pearl is now a personal pet? Mine all seem to be rescues, too! :th_biggrin: