PDA

View Full Version : Hi. I'm new

Valery
07-17-2014, 04:30 PM
Hi all. My name is Valery. I live in the US. Currently I just have parakeets. Due to my husbands hate of my beloved Timneh grey. I hand fed him and had him for ten years. The final bite to hubby was it. I had to rehome him. It broke my heart. They hated each other. He, sexed male, was bonded to me. We would cuddle and he even came to work with me. It's been about 5 years and I still miss him daily. I had a beautiful blue head pionus. My niece really wanted a bigger bird and he liked her. So I gave him to her. Then there was Tequila, a lutino cockatiel. She was my first bird and her loving nature got me hooked. I love my keets but need more. Since hubby can't handle the noise I am thinking of a parrotlet or lineolated keet. I have no idea where here in south florida they sell these guys. I haven't lived down here for long.
So that's me. 62 female. Animal lover!

Mare
07-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Hi, Valery and WELCOME! So nice to have you here! Sorry to hear about your grey, that's a bummer :(. I'm sure you DO still miss him. I have a male umbrella cockatoo who is also bonded to me and HATES anything male, I can relate! (I would have to get rid of my hubs, though, before Amigo :)). We have folks here from Florida, hopefully they may be able to help you along with your search for the new birds! Hope to see you around!

PlaxMacaws
07-17-2014, 05:00 PM
Hello Valery... I too am sorry that you had to give up your beloved TAG :(. I used to have a CAG whom I loved very much, and whom I miss a great deal. My ex-wife stole him and when my efforts to locate and contact her were finally successful, she insisted that he had passed away. This was well over 10 years ago and to this day it bothers me very much :(

Thanks so much for joining us :). And BTW, I love budgies... they're great little birds!

Valery
07-17-2014, 05:01 PM
Thanks so much for the welcome. I thought of hubby going and not Digger. But I guess being reasonable took over. :)

PlaxMacaws
07-17-2014, 05:05 PM
(I would have to get rid of my hubs, though, before Amigo :)).That's the ticket! ;)

jtbirds
07-18-2014, 12:58 AM
Hi and welcome to the forums! sorry I was alittle late I just sat for the day:).

kendrafitz
07-18-2014, 01:32 AM
Hi and welcome!!

2birds
07-18-2014, 01:53 AM
Hi Valery, Welcome to the forum.
I would have had to tell hubby to just keep his hands to himself. I've only had my birds for a relatively short time and I"m already attached to them, I can't imagine after ten years.
You could probably find what you are looking for with a little poking around on the internet. I love budgies too. I babysat a pair of them and they were adorable.

2birds
07-18-2014, 02:14 AM
I used to have a CAG whom I loved very much, and whom I miss a great deal. My ex-wife stole him and when my efforts to locate and contact her were finally successful, she insisted that he had passed away. This was well over 10 years ago and to this day it bothers me very much :(

Wow, sorry to hear about that, I would still be sad too. People can be so stinky sometimes.