PDA

View Full Version : MORE, free flying birds!

Mare
07-12-2014, 04:07 PM
I'm so excited! :). My daughter is a massage therapist and just this morning, was telling me about a client of hers. Katie will travel to homes of some of her clients to work on them. She went to this lady's house yesterday and 'lol and behold', she has an outdoor aviary! :th_biggrin: and not just any ol' outdoor aviary,,it has an open door where her birds come and go at will! She has finches, love birds and cockatiels! They sleep in their aviary at night and come in for food and water. This is such a refreshing thing for me to hear! I was really hoping that I wasn't the only crazy bird lady..confirmed, NOT!

plax
07-12-2014, 07:47 PM
That's very interesting, and perhaps just what you need, Mare... meeting another carer of feathered companions with outdoor freedom :D. I'm sure you two should have lots of stories and thoughts to share :). Congrats!

jtbirds
07-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Mare your story is unique and almost un heard of, I'm glad someone else has supported your thought because i know it may be hard to find that!!

Pinkbirdy
07-13-2014, 12:24 AM
That's a neat idea :) I wish I lived somewhere warmer [and my birds could all get along} .I would try that!

Maddy
07-13-2014, 01:10 AM
That's great!

Mare
07-13-2014, 02:13 AM
I truly don't advocate free flight but it works with Mi Amigo. I just found that my heart skips a beat when hearing of others doing the same! :)

Mare
07-13-2014, 02:20 AM
Terri, the getting along thing would be an issue, for sure! I think that Sassy would be a great candidate for free flight but Amigo would totally ruin it for her..butt head that he is :(

coltfire
07-13-2014, 02:22 AM
Well mare I have maxx back free flying ,but have not let him out for the last week as I have chicks due in a week and dont want to lose him again as its taken all this time just to get them to mate again since his last 7 week adventure. He will be let out once they hatch.

Mare
07-13-2014, 02:32 AM
Steve, HI! Haven't heard from you in a while! I hope your health is well :)? It's got to be killing him not to be..what's the words,,allowed to be free?..set free?.. He has a mate that keeps him centered, this is good :)