PDA

View Full Version : Hi!! I'm new to this forum

cafalletti oche16
07-07-2014, 03:28 AM
Hi I'm new to this forum! We have 2 parrots, an African Gray and a Blue Front Amazon.
The gray is 27 and the amazon is. 29
I rescued my blue front almost 3 years ago and he had never been held or out of his cage and lived on a tiny rope perch!!!!
I am happy to say that after almost 3 years, he came on my finger today for the very first time and he loved it and so did I!!!
He even transferred from hand to hand and gave me kisses and let me hold him a very long time!!!!![Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

froggij
07-07-2014, 03:53 AM
Hello from a fellow new person. Welcome to the forum and congratulations on that big step forward! That's so great.

PlaxMacaws
07-07-2014, 03:58 AM
Hello... Welcome to Precisely Parrots!

Congratulations on the progress with your BFA :). It sounds like he's developed some good trust in you. That's always a great thing no matter how long it may take. It's very sad that his former conditions were so restrictive. Thanks so much for rescuing him and giving him a forever home!!! And thanks for joining PP :)

kendrafitz
07-07-2014, 04:00 AM
Hi and welcome!!

Congrats on the awesome breakthrough you had today! That is so exciting. :)

2birds
07-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the forum Cafalletti,
That is so cool. After 29 years he finally trusts someone. I am happy to hear that he is no longer confined like he was. How long have you had your Grey?

Mare
07-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Hi Cafalletti! So happy you joined us, welcome! It makes my heart smile to know this rescued bird has trusted you, does he have a name? We would love to hear about your Grey, too! :)

jtbirds
07-07-2014, 11:51 PM
First Hi and welcome to the forums! Sorry for the late reply I had to run to the food store after taking care of my flock. As well great progress on that amazon! Amazon's can be tough through my years and they are one of my how should I say, specialties haha! Hope to hear more from you and the flock:).

Lady
01-31-2015, 02:23 AM
Sad that Cafalletti doesn't visit us more, I would also like to hear how things are going with their BFA :(. It would also be great to hear more stories about how the birds get along.

spiritbird
02-01-2015, 12:09 AM
I get e mails from forums I do not visit any more. Do we do that?

PlaxMacaws
02-01-2015, 01:50 AM
I get e mails from forums I do not visit any more. Do we do that?Yes. We do to a point. Birthday greetings are automatically generated and sent.