PDA

View Full Version : Lilliputs said hello :)

2birds
07-04-2014, 02:45 AM
I came home from work, let the dogs out immediately and then to the birds. Lilliputs is usually screaming before I even get to the front door (she hears my car). When I got her, what was it? Two months ago? I don't know, it seems like she's always been here. Anyway, when I got her she was pretty high strung, and she screamed a lot. If I didn't take her she was going to the dog pound. Now she only yells pretty much when it's normal. Well, I let them out and then hit the bathroom. She was yelling and when I didn't respond to her yells she just blurted out HELLOOOO. Wow, she does talk. She's six or seven I was told. I don't think anyone has ever talked to her. Now I'm excited to see what else she can add to her verbal repertoire.

PlaxMacaws
07-04-2014, 03:23 AM
Wow, Lori! Congrats on Lilliput's newly revealed skill :th_biggrin:. It's always so cool when a bird starts to talk!

2birds
07-04-2014, 03:34 AM
Yeah, I just figured she would never talk. She has turned into such a sweet bird and she loves to dance. Dubstep is her fav. I would have been ok with her never talking but this is great. Her little voice is so cute

Pinkbirdy
07-04-2014, 02:19 PM
That's great !!!! Its almost as if you have to learn their tone. I bet shes saying more [you have to train your ears ). My Zon we know says "Im a good boy". Now were making out hes saying 'your a goodboy" " I know Im a good boy" LOL

froggij
07-04-2014, 02:30 PM
Congratulations! That's always awesome, a first word! Now, good luck to get her to stop talking when you don't want her to ;)

kendrafitz
07-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Yayyy!!! You must be so excited!! It is so sweet to hear their little voices. And soooo much better than screaming! ;)

Mare
07-04-2014, 11:52 PM
Great news! I'm happy to hear that Lilliputs is doing well :). Amigo has only one phrase that he puts into words and that's, Hi There! Sassy now imitates him so well, in fact, that if I didn't know Amigo was outside at the time, I would swear it was him! Goffin's can be great little talkers!