PDA

View Full Version : Meet Orsino

froggij
07-04-2014, 02:25 AM
He tends to like having his own introductions, so I figured I might as well. This is my little man, the man of the house as it were. His name is Orsino, he was found on the streets of Inglewood, CA when I used to live in SoCal, and we don't know how old he is but I have had seven amazing years with him. He came with a bum leg and a penchant for getting into trouble, which made his bad leg go from "eh" to worse after a couple of freak accidents (that he has since forgotten and doesn't care about), and had a poor immune system when I first got him. He was supposed to be my aunt's bird but wouldn't leave me alone, it was love at first sight. He was my first bird and has been an angel in my life. Now he's just a spoiled little ham who likes to play it up for the camera and sing (whistle) me to sleep.

Here's my little cheeseball:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] 18c461dc6e46f4ba0475b430254&oe=541746A2

He smiles for the camera. We also drove out to Missouri together when I moved, and he sat in the co-pilot's seat the whole time, or on the shelf where the odometer is of my car, and loved every moment of it. He's definitely my little buddy.

2birds
07-04-2014, 02:29 AM
Orsino is adorable. He does look like he's smiling. He has a little twinkle in his eye.

froggij
07-04-2014, 02:34 AM
Oh, he's so used to the camera from when he was my only bird that he hams it up every time I point something at him. He'll fluff, start asking for head scratches, smile and get a little cheeky with me... He's a character!

PlaxMacaws
07-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Orsino is that special bird in your life, I can tell :). Within each photo you've shared of him he seems to exude tremendous confidence and contentment with his life. It's easy to see that he's a happy bird with an amazing personality! I think it's such a cool thing that you've come into one another's lives, Jen :)

froggij
07-04-2014, 02:34 PM
I have this theory that he's not a bird at all, but my guardian angel. He made a good choice when he chose me, though I may be biased about that opinion ;) I don't know how sane I'd be without my little orange-cheeked clown after all the things I've been through with him to come home to

PlaxMacaws
07-04-2014, 03:32 PM
I have this theory that he's not a bird at all, but my guardian angel.If you perch Orsino on one shoulder, and Dori on the other... it could be much like the 'angel and the devil' scenario attempting to compel their wishes upon your behavior ;)

He made a good choice when he chose me, though I may be biased about that opinion ;) I can't disagree but I don't blame you :D

Mare
07-05-2014, 12:21 AM
Ohh..he is such a cutie! :th_heart:

froggij
07-05-2014, 02:58 AM
So the other day I asked him: If I kissed him enough would he try to turn into a charming prince for me? .... he walked away, looking over his shoulder at me like I was crazy. I thought it was a valid question...

Mare
07-05-2014, 03:43 AM
Totally valid question!

Macaw Lover
07-05-2014, 06:35 PM
So the other day I asked him: If I kissed him enough would he try to turn into a charming prince for me? .... he walked away, looking over his shoulder at me like I was crazy. I thought it was a valid question...

That one hasn't worked here either, sad to say

froggij
07-05-2014, 11:02 PM
You feed them, you house them, you preen their feathers, and not one little smooch later and they're not talking to you. Typical...