PDA

View Full Version : There's a blog up!

jtbirds
07-02-2014, 02:23 AM
Go check out the new blogs section to check out our first blog section blog!!

2birds
07-02-2014, 11:27 AM
I can't find it

kendrafitz
07-02-2014, 11:32 AM
I am not able to locate it either. I get the message that there are none?

jtbirds
07-02-2014, 12:00 PM
I fixed the privacy settings as they were set to hide, let me know now:).

plax
07-02-2014, 05:29 PM
The blog section is accessible from the 'Member Blogs' tab above the navbar. Unfortunately, it's not accessible directly via tapatalk. You'll have to view it with a web browser.

kendrafitz
07-02-2014, 05:56 PM
I read it. Thank you so much Justin! I love it!!! Especially how detailed your descriptions of your guys/girls are. Feel like I know them all!!!!

plax
07-02-2014, 06:00 PM
I agree with Kendra. Your blog entry is excellent, Justin!

For those of you interested in the vBulletin blog feature, you may wish to view the FAQ for it, here: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

jtbirds
07-03-2014, 12:51 AM
Theirs another entry up!

2birds
07-03-2014, 01:48 AM
Very nice start.

plax
07-03-2014, 01:29 PM
For those who wish to subscribe to Justin's blog (or any others), you may do so by clicking on a blog entry and then clicking on the "Subscribe to this Blog" option on the top portion of the right-hand sidebar. If you would only like to subscribe to a single blog entry (to follow comments, etc.), you may do so by clicking on the "Subscribe to Blog Entry" option at the bottom of a particular entry.

jtbirds
07-06-2014, 01:09 AM
New post is up!! check it out please comment and so on. Here is the link: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

kendrafitz
07-06-2014, 01:24 AM
For some reason the link is taking me to a completely unrelated thread. (Through taptalk). Read it through the internet though. :)

Mare
07-06-2014, 02:12 AM
I've had no luck hooking up with the blog page. I get told that I do not have access to this page..help?

plax
07-06-2014, 02:49 AM
I've had no luck hooking up with the blog page. I get told that I do not have access to this page..help?What? How are you trying to access it, Mare?

EDIT: Try clicking on the 'Member Blogs' tab now, Mare. I've modified some settings. Please let me know if you are now taken to the blogs section?

plax
07-06-2014, 03:15 AM
For some reason the link is taking me to a completely unrelated thread. (Through taptalk). Read it through the internet though. :)Kendra, tapatalk simply doesn't know how to handle the blog URLs. It gets confused and directs anyone who clicks on them to the closest URL match it can find for the domain in the clicked upon link. And it absolutely should NOT do that! The only folks who may be able to solve the glitch are the tapatalk developers. Sorry about that :(

Mare
07-06-2014, 03:36 AM
Nope, not yet, Tony. This is what comes up..

Mare, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home

plax
07-06-2014, 03:55 AM
Nope, not yet, Tony. This is what comes up..Mare, please try it again and let me know what happens this time.

Mare
07-06-2014, 04:06 AM
YAY!! Thank you! Don't know what you did but it worked, thanks :)

plax
07-06-2014, 04:31 AM
YAY!! Thank you! Don't know what you did but it worked, thanks :)You're welcome. It was a permissions oversight that affected the Nobility Member users. If you hadn't mentioned your lack of blog access tonight, I wouldn't have known that none of the Nobility Members have been able to access the blogs section before now. So thanks very much, Mare :)

Mare
07-06-2014, 04:39 AM
Justin has a great blog going, thank you Tony for fixing me up!:th_biggrin:

jtbirds
07-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Thank you mare for pointing it out and tony for fixing it.

We are all still getting used to the new feature haha:).

jtbirds
07-07-2014, 12:17 AM
new entry! find it here: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

plax
07-07-2014, 12:39 AM
For tapatalk, the best thing to do as far as providing links to the blogs section of this website is to always use the following URL formats for the links you post:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] (for the blog index page)

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] (for the individual blog entries - an ending of ?2 will be entry #1 and an ending of ?3 will be entry #2 and so on)

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] (this is entry #2)

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] (this is entry #3)

Importantly, whenever creating a link for the blog pages within a forum post, always leave off all characters after the number digit(s) following the question mark.

Links presented in the above format will not bring up the referenced blog pages within the tapatalk application itself. But when clicked, they will immediately open the referenced blog pages within the default web browser on a mobile device. You should then be able to navigate the blog entries from within the mobile device browser instance. To test this, please try clicking on the example links above from tapatalk. You should be able to see how it works.

Kendra, tapatalk simply doesn't know how to handle the blog URLs. It gets confused and directs anyone who clicks on them to the closest URL match it can find for the domain in the clicked upon link. And it absolutely should NOT do that! The only folks who may be able to solve the glitch are the tapatalk developers. Sorry about that :(

For some reason the link is taking me to a completely unrelated thread. (Through taptalk). Read it through the internet though. :)

New post is up!! check it out please comment and so on. Here is the link: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

kendrafitz
07-07-2014, 12:42 AM
Works for me! Thanks Tony!!

plax
07-07-2014, 12:46 AM
Works for me! Thanks Tony!!Glad to hear it, Kendra. You're welcome.

jtbirds
07-08-2014, 12:25 AM
new post!![Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

plax
07-08-2014, 12:32 AM
Justin- please read my recent post (#23) in this thread. You should leave off everything after the number digits in your blog entry link URLs. That's because if you don't, the links will confuse tapatalk. I've fixed the link you've just posted :)

jtbirds
07-09-2014, 12:35 AM
New blog post check it out!!

jtbirds
07-11-2014, 01:07 AM
Sorry no post tonight, expect one tomorrow! Having storms here and bad connections:(.

jtbirds
07-18-2014, 01:52 AM
new post~!!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

plax
07-28-2014, 03:00 AM
Justin has submitted a new blog entry: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Mare
07-28-2014, 03:37 AM
Thanks, Tony! :)

Lady
04-22-2017, 05:18 PM
I like the blog section, I wish everyone could find some time to make entries~