PDA

View Full Version : It's been forever, but never too late to meet Harley.

Blackhawk007
06-26-2014, 03:58 AM
So life has been rough, but productive the last year. But I had time to log in and say hello. I also wanted to introduce Harley, our Harlequin Macaw that we adopted. The adoption went pretty easy since Teka our Amazon, and Ruthie our Ruby Macaw came from the same rescue.

I called up and asked about the temperament of Harley. They told me everything I wanted to hear except that they already had someone interested in her. I then said that its to bad because it sounded like Ruthie would get along with her very well. They must have only had one Ruthie come through there in the last few years because they immediately realized that it was me how they were talking to. All of a sudden they said Harley would love to live with Ruthie and they would really like me to have her over the other person that had filed the application. So I drove up and spent a few hours with her and she decided to come home with us.

So meet Harley hanging out with Ruthie.

plax
06-26-2014, 04:11 AM
Hi Steve! Glad to see you :). Harley is absolutely gorgeous!! Ruthie looks very nice, too. You've got a house full now :D Congrats on your adoption of Harley!

jtbirds
06-26-2014, 03:41 PM
Harley looks amazing! Welcome back around, hope to hear more from you!

jacksmom
06-27-2014, 10:33 AM
I am soooo jealous...my macaw hated it when I brought home another macaw! :banghead: What a great story, thanks for sharing! :)