PDA

View Full Version : Yoga?

CockatielOwner
06-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Well my two cockatiels that I have had now for three weeks have started to sit on the perch with just one leg and they tuck the other one up. First time this occurred I got really worried thinking that the male was injured and I made it move and it was fine. I just think it looks so cute and funny when they do that haha great balance, I must say. Anybody else's cockatiel do that? :th_LOL:

Mare
06-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Yes, Adeel, most birds do this,,this is how they rest and sleep! :)

CockatielOwner
06-04-2014, 03:05 PM
Oh ok Thank You mare :) sorry for seeming a bit "dumb" but these are my first pet birds and i knew about all behaviours and signs etc before but never researched into this just needed to find out what this meant lol thank you for the help once again mare

Mare
06-04-2014, 10:49 PM
You're welcome! :). I find you refreshing, Adeel,,a brand new bird owner and full of enthusiasm,,,I remember the days :). Keep up the good work, girl!!

CockatielOwner
06-05-2014, 10:04 AM
I will but im actually a guy xD lol

kendrafitz
06-05-2014, 11:11 AM
I agree with Mare, your birds are very lucky, Adeel!

Mare
06-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Oops! Sorry, Adeel! That was just my "foot in mouth" disease kicking in! :)

CockatielOwner
06-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Haahahaha Its ok Mare:) & Thanks Kendra I'm lucky to have such beautiful pair myself :th_heart:

froggij
07-04-2014, 01:53 AM
My cockatiel only has one good leg, but he loves doing "ballet" anyways - where they stretch out the same leg and wing on one side at a time in a circular motion. I think it's so cute when they stretch, and I've owned my 'tiel for seven years, it hasn't worn off yet. Hehe.

Mare
07-05-2014, 03:02 AM
My little Chip does that, Jen. He tends to do it when I come up to him, he almost acts shy and then he'll do that stretch. Chip is a hands off bird, unlike Orsino, he will come close to me, loves attention, will even fly to my shoulder but..will not let me touch him. Love him no matter! :)