PDA

View Full Version : My cat, Zelly

Shade
04-27-2013, 01:51 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

We got her from the local Humane Society, she was four at the time and quite overlooked by other people. She was older and would hide if too many people were around. Since I figured I would do the same in her place, she seemed like the logical choice for us (nor did I absolutely feel the need to get a kitten).

This is how we often find her on our bed...

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

roxynoodle
04-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Aww, what fluffy cuteness! Thanks for taking in an adult cat as very few people will.

aliray
04-27-2013, 03:16 PM
I think she wants a belly rub. We just adopted a 5 and a half year old female domestic shorthair, tortishell cat from our local shelter on March 9th. When I figure out how to post a pic I will put one on. How is your cat with the birds?

Shade
04-27-2013, 10:56 PM
I think she wants a belly rub. We just adopted a 5 and a half year old female domestic shorthair, tortishell cat from our local shelter on March 9th. When I figure out how to post a pic I will put one on. How is your cat with the birds?

She's not allowed around the birds - there is always at least one closed doors between them :)

keepsmiling
04-28-2013, 01:04 AM
She is beautiful. Love the stretchy pic.:th_biggrin:

Copper
04-28-2013, 05:34 AM
Wow, she is sooo lovely! I can't believe people would overlook her!

Shade
04-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Wow, she is sooo lovely! I can't believe people would overlook her!

Thanks!
Most people there wanted the cats that seemed more "affectionate", or I should say more outright affectionate.
Zelly is quite affectionate with us, and has been since she has started to be comfortable with us (which didn't take too long). But as she wasn't sitting at the door of her cage at the Humane Society, wanting to interact with people, and mostly hid in the box that was provided to her, people just passed her by.

She wasn't too happy when I asked one of the people working there to take her out as I wanted to hold her, lol!

What is funny with her is, when we moved from our initial apartment to a bigger one (within the same building), she wasn't a fan of that move. But when we moved last year from that apartment to our (considerably larger) house, she was just fine and it took her no time to claim the space as hers (no hiding and lying down just about anywhere) ;)