PDA

View Full Version : Going to pick up my new baby today!! (hopefully)

shelbyrenee1329
04-27-2013, 12:26 PM
I have been working with a small rescue looking for another bird to adopt, I got a rescued CAG from them in November but am wanting another parrot because I can not handle him ( he came from a very bad home, I love my boy and wouldnt trade him for the world just want a bird I can handle)
Anyways I got put inconstant with a elderly lady whos health is getting bad and wants to find a home for her BEAUTIFUL 14 year old Yellow Crowned Amazon, Danny.
I talked to her for two weeks trying to pick a time to go meet him and I thought bring him home. So we drove 2 hours yesterday to go meet him, everything went great and he is a awesome bird but now we are supposed to go back and get him today. Kinda frustrating but she has had the bird since he was a baby and they are very attached, I mean VERY attached. But she said she really likes us and she thinks he does to so we get to bring him home today! He was preening my arm and talking to me after just 10 mins!
Im just really hoping she doesnt change her mind again but she said she would have his things around and would buy him a bag of pellets for us and she had to make some list of the things and likes and doesnt like.
I just wanted to share that with everyone cause I am so excited and I will be sure to post pics when I get him home!!
:smile-new:

roxynoodle
04-27-2013, 02:10 PM
Congrats! YCs are very nice birds.

Honesty
04-27-2013, 02:24 PM
Congrats Shelby:)

Look forward to hearing all about him.

aliray
04-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Hope it goes well . Keep us posted please

shelbyrenee1329
04-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Thanks everyone
pics soon ( I hope):worked_till_5am:

Birdboy
04-28-2013, 04:05 AM
hi, im looking to see photos :) Im typing this one handed as im currently giving my yellow crowned amazon head rubes :)

ShellyBorg
04-28-2013, 05:05 AM
Another Danny I love it! They are so much fun!

shelbyrenee1329
04-28-2013, 04:13 PM
He's finally home!! haha and is doing great! Loves head scratches and let my pick him up and walk around the house with him! The lady I got him from said he doesnt take well to new people at all so I am very shocked!
He desperately needs and a new cage, toys and perches! So on friday we are going on a shopping trip ( so excited ).
Here are so pics from yesterday!

Pinkbirdy
04-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Thats so great he took to you .Start of a great relationship :) Rehomes are fun you never know what their going to say. :)

shelbyrenee1329
04-28-2013, 04:39 PM
ya he talks alot but I cant really understand him. What I can understand so far is 'hello' and 'thank you" that he says after I scratch his head

roxynoodle
04-28-2013, 05:35 PM
He looks very sweet :) Thank you for taking him.

henpecked
04-30-2013, 11:50 PM
Hey shelby, looks like you and danny are a good match. How's a good time to expose him to more people, socialize,socialize,socialize. I think you two will get along great. it's the other peoples around that you need to work on. Their lives (amazons) are so enriched when you can take them places and do things with them. Good Luck and welcome to the forum