PDA

View Full Version : ~~Serita Is Home!!~~

Turquoise
05-10-2014, 05:58 AM
Well folks we finally have our little girl home. We got in a little while ago, Jerry promptly carried the carrier into the house and while I was bringing in some other stuff he asked Serita to step up on his finger and he put her in her new cage. Yep, looks like she is already 'Daddy's Little Girl'. LOL

Serita is the sweetest cutest little thing in the world. She is already a Cuddle Bug, she is so much like Peta was. And what coincidence that Serita was hatched the night/early morning that Peta died. There is a reason for this and I think it is because Peta went to Serita and told her she had to hatch that date so they could become one and find us. :th_heart:

And if bringing this sweet Pineapple Green Cheek Conure home wasn't enough for one day, I get in and go check my mail box and have an equally pleasant surprise in there. My Feather Painting of Peta Maddy made me for winning last month's photo competition was waiting for Serita and me to come home. :th_biggrin: Thank you so much Maddy it is perfect and gorgeous!! I am going to get a shadow box type enclosure to keep it from all harm and will add a colorful background for contrast and proudly display it for all the world to see.

Here are the 1st two photos of Serita home in her new cage. And one of my beautiful Feather Painting of Peta made just for me by our talented Maddy!!:th_hug8:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

2birds
05-10-2014, 07:53 AM
What a cutie, the second photo of her is really interesting. The feather painting is awesome.

Pinkbirdy
05-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Super sweet !!! :)

Honesty
05-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Serita is adorable :th_heart: I bet Jerry is so happy she has stepped up for him :)

I love the feather painting :) I am sure you will treasure this forever!

Debra
05-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Oh, that is great! She looks like she's a happy little girl. I love the pic of her in her sleepy hut. And Maddy did a fantastic job on your feather painting!

Mare
05-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Yay! Serita made it home and it looks like she's settling right in, wonderful! What a cutie she is and the feather painting is perfect!

Anne & Gang
05-10-2014, 09:11 PM
adorable!!

Turquoise
05-11-2014, 07:53 AM
Thanks everyone! Serita is super sweet! She is settling in great, eating everything she can get her widdle beak wrapped around. We are letting her get used to her new cage and the goings on around her, then by the time we are off for our 4 again Thur she should be ready to come out for play time. :)

Maddy
05-11-2014, 11:38 PM
Welcome home, Serita!!! She is such a pretty girl!! :th_heart:

I'm so glad that your painting got there safely and that you are happy with it! You are so very welcome! I would love to see a picture once it is framed! :th_biggrin:

Turquoise
05-12-2014, 02:43 AM
I do love my Feather Painting very much Maddy!! And I will get back with you later sometime about painting the rest of my flock! :)

coltfire
05-13-2014, 01:23 AM
She is beautiful

Turquoise
05-13-2014, 01:53 PM
Thank you Steve! Serita is a sweet addition to our flock. We have missed the adorable chirps of the GCC. :)

spiritbird
05-13-2014, 09:57 PM
What a cutie pootie she is. Where is your mod status?

Turquoise
05-14-2014, 09:16 PM
Thanks Dianne, Serita is a living doll. She just love her so much. She can't wait for me to come home from work in the morning and take her out. She loves to cuddle!! :)