PDA

View Full Version : Fenix...the new fid on the block ;)

tiffnmango
05-08-2014, 04:20 AM
Everyone meet Fenix. This is the name I gave him. I am his third home in two years :(. Due to not enough interaction at his prior household he has a plucking issue. I am confident with time and patience he can and will get better.

He came into my home with the name Rico, but I decided since he got a new flock, and lease on life he needed a new name as well. Hence the name Fenix. (Old English for "rise from the ashes")

He has really come out of his shell the past 1.5 weeks. He chortles all the time and he and Mango "talk" back and forth through the doors. He is halfway through his quarantine period so as soon as that's over it will make it easier to interact with him. (Changing clothes and whatnot can be kind of a hassle, but well worth not transferring anything).

His DNA tests came back and he is in fact a HE! His Chlamydia test was NEGATIVE as well.

He does have a permanently crooked toe from injury in his first home. He is learning everyday to be more active and his grip is getting stronger. His prior home really did care about him but didn't know much about parrots. He only had one perch the width of a pencil. He is very much a cuddler already and never nips or bites.

I think once he is around Mango any myself more he will come to trust me even more.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honesty
05-08-2014, 07:39 AM
Awww Fenix is just adorable :) I am pretty sure he will settle in well once he gets used to his new surroundings!

kendrafitz
05-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Fenix is so cute!! It sounds like he and Mango are in their way to being great friends. :). He's very lucky you found him.

Pinkbirdy
05-08-2014, 11:10 AM
Omg hes so cute :)

tiffnmango
05-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Thanks everybody! I'm really lucky to have found him!

Debra
05-08-2014, 01:48 PM
He's so beautiful!! Welcome to your forever home Fenix!!

Mare
05-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Hi, Fenix! :th_greet13: He's a cutie, Tiffany, so happy to see you've found each other! :)

2birds
05-08-2014, 08:34 PM
He is so cute, what an adorable little bird. He really looks like a sweetheart.

Turquoise
05-09-2014, 03:27 AM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] Fenix you are a sweet adorable darling!! Love your choice in names and the reason for it, Tiffany. A big congrats on your new fiddie. He & Mango will be the best of friends. :)

Minamommy
05-11-2014, 07:02 AM
I'm seeing a cuteness overload!!! Congratulations I'm so glad you found each other.