PDA

View Full Version : Lexi

Pinkbirdy
04-28-2014, 02:14 AM
With the recent events of Rockys death . I have to tell you about my new DBYH zon Lexi . Before this ordeal about a month ago . I was given a cage. Of course all common sense wasn't even a thought. I was on a mission to get another zon . Ideally I wanted a different species and a girl this time would be great. As I contacted people on craigslist .I realized I needed t go that way [and help these birds out] . Not great food and in their cage a lot [seemed to be a common story]. Lexi was that story also. I was hoping to at least with a zon . Be able to get them in and out of their cages and a head scratch would be great. I expected a mad [zon] . Not being let out of her cage . But shes turned out to be such a doll . I can hold her ,pet her she is very gentle . Its sad she had no toys and was given this beefed up cockatiel mix [I was horrified]. The girl said she gave her a banana once but it was too messy [so were the toys ]. She had her 10 years !!! Now she is happily trying everything and carefully exploring toys . I brought her home the night I noticed Rocky sick . She can really talk [its fun ]. helps with not hearing rocky anymore . Trying to tape her [is afraid of the camera].[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Pinkbirdy
04-28-2014, 02:17 AM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Honesty
04-28-2014, 07:48 AM
Wow, Lexi is just adorable :) That is fantastic news on her settling in so well. I bet she is loving trying out all the lovely food you are offering her :)

2birds
04-28-2014, 12:50 PM
She's really pretty. I like the double yellow heads, they have really neat personalities.

kendrafitz
04-28-2014, 01:04 PM
Congrats on your addition of Lexi!! I'm so excited for you all! How is she settling in with all her new bird friends?

Debra
04-28-2014, 02:05 PM
She's beautiful!!

Pinkbirdy
04-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Thanks guys :) I just moved her in with the rest of the birds . I thought she would like the spot next to Harlow [My Macaw]. but she was afraid. So her neighbor is Charlotte [my Hawkhead] . Shes fine with her. Shes finally starting to act like a bird . My gut feeling is they didn't take her out.. Tequila [my male Zon ] has been pretty funny though. He normally stays in his area when hes out. Now ,hes climbing the entertainment center ,throwing the remotes on the floor :) and going to visit her ;).Its a joy to come home to "Come here!!! Come see me ! I like youuuuuuu!!! " going to to try 2 new vets in the next 2 days. . packing as many as I have carriers for [should be interesting].Hope one works out.

PlaxMacaws
04-28-2014, 07:43 PM
What a beautiful new yellow-headed girl you have there, Terri :D. There's no doubt that you coming into her life is exactly what she has needed for at least 10 years! It's so good to know that you've given her a wonderful forever home :). And btw, those are such endearing things she says to you :)

So, do you know how old Lexi is?

The very best of luck to you and your fids with the new vets you're trying out!

Mare
04-28-2014, 08:53 PM
Lexi is beautiful and quite the lucky girl! It's amazing that she took to you so quickly, love that :).

Pinkbirdy
04-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Plax - Lexi is 10 years old. The girl had her from a year. The girls life changed with a baby ,guy and job [I don't think the boyfriend liked Lexi ] That's the vibe I felt anyway.Ive had her 3 1/2 weeks now .When I first got in the car with her . I was exclaiming "Your so pretty" She said A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] and talked all the way home. :th_biggrin:I just got home from the first vet [and she called me Bubba :th_LOL:Im taking my GW Tuesday . She has no band on [they said she was 12 ]. I think shes older . Im hoping they can give me a guess if shes an older bird.. Shes lacking in [you can barely see the red feathers on her face ] I wonder if that means something .How old is Salsa ?

Pinkbirdy
04-28-2014, 10:15 PM
Mare - its funny you say that. At my house if Dave gets to them first they want to bond with him . But he doesn't want to follow through with the daily commitment. I hear we all have certain color auras [and birds can see them . I always tell Dave you must have the right color .:th_biggrin:He had to win over the male Eclectus [now they love him]. Marley likes me though and Dingo and I have a understanding.I told Dave when I got Lexi home to take a hike [and shes mine :th_biggrin:] Henpeckeds house must be a riot !!

PlaxMacaws
04-29-2014, 02:06 AM
Plax - Lexi is 10 years old. The girl had her from a year.So the previous owner had Lexi for nearly her entire life then.. I see.

Im taking my GW Tuesday . She has no band on [they said she was 12 ]. I think shes older . Im hoping they can give me a guess if shes an older bird..Why do you think she's older than 12?

Shes lacking in [you can barely see the red feathers on her face ] I wonder if that means something .How old is Salsa ?Salsa is 6 now. I think the darkness/color shade/feather density of a GW's facial stripes is more a genetic characteristic for the individual bird than anything else. Salsa's facial feathers are quite light as well. Young GWs often have very dark facial feather stripes which fade considerably as they grow older. But I think the degree of stripe intensity for adult GWs can vary from bird to bird irrespective of age.

spiritbird
04-29-2014, 05:01 PM
Sounds like a match made in birdie heaven. Have fun!

Honesty
05-06-2014, 07:31 PM
How is Lexi doing Terri?

Pinkbirdy
05-07-2014, 01:06 AM
Lexi's a big sweetheart :) Shes becoming more confident and enjoying her toys and trying new food. She likes to hang out on me . She lets me know by hanging out on her door[funny how you can read birds]. I keep trying to tape her [she goes mum when she sees the camera] I feel really lucky to have her . Its so nice to have a zon I can interact this way with[and shes really starting to bond].

Honesty
05-07-2014, 05:48 PM
Oh, I am so pleased Lexi has settled in Terri :) She sounds wonderful! Look forward to seeing lots of pics and videos of her :)

Debra
05-07-2014, 06:04 PM
That's great news Terri! It sounds like you might have a character on your hands. I cannot wait to hear all about her antics as she grows more comfortable with you.