PDA

View Full Version : Pineapple conure talking??

iomar
04-24-2014, 10:48 PM
Whats the chance of teaching pineapple gcc to talk?? He/ she is 3 months old only bird in the room. And I do spend a lot of time interacting with her /him. I was told it was a girl thee breeder touched something in the bottom by the tail feathers. But im not sure id rather do dna testing.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Grey
04-24-2014, 11:54 PM
The breeder probably did a pelvic exam. The pelvic bones of a male are much closer than a female. An experienced breeder can tell with a good degree of accuracy. That said, a DNA test is the most accurate method available

Pinkbirdy
04-25-2014, 12:43 AM
My greencheek is male and surprised us talking [with his whispery voice]. I think he was about a year and a half when he started. You know, talking is about the relationship they have with you [and trying to get your attention]. Work on the best relationship you can have [and he knows hes super loved.] Then they get so excited to see you [then you might hear words]

Honesty
04-25-2014, 07:19 AM
I know quite a few people with Conures and most of them do say quite a few words.

Turquoise
04-25-2014, 07:56 AM
I had a female Pineapple Green Cheek. She was 5 1/2 yrs old when she came to live with me. Her former owner said she could say several things and I did understand some of what she said. It is not a clear voice like my macaws or most African Greys are capable of. And you have to be familiar with your bird to really understand a lot of what GCCs say. It is like knowing your own child and understanding them when no one else can. I don't know at what age my GCC learned her first words since I didn't teach her what she could say. Terri has given you excellent advice on getting birds to talk and the reason they do this for us. :)

spiritbird
04-25-2014, 12:56 PM
When I had a GCC he spoke his first word at 4 months of age. It was his name he said. I really do not teach birds to talk they just seem to pick up the words they like to say from normal every day conversations.

Mandi
04-27-2014, 06:38 PM
I have a female pineapple and she says a few words
She can say her name 'Kevin' she says 'Giza a kiss' shouts my eldest a name , asks for a biscuit and tells you to 'dance' x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honesty
04-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Would love to see a video of this Mandi :)

Mandi
04-30-2014, 11:19 AM
Here him askin for kisses
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Mandi
04-30-2014, 11:21 AM
This was when he first said his name he was prob 4 months old , it's much clearer now x
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]