PDA

View Full Version : ~~My Secret Shall Now Be Revealed~~

Turquoise
04-15-2014, 08:33 AM
As some of you have read I recently (in Feb.) lost my Pineapple Green Cheek girl Peta. I found her dead in her snuggle hut one morning when I went to feed her. At the time I didn't have any idea why she had suddenly died. It took me 3 weeks before I could bring myself to clean her cage out. I just left it the way it was the last time I'd seen her alive which was the night before. It was comforting to walk by the cage and think she was just hiding in her hut and not gone forever. When I did clean her cage out I found in the corner a small egg she had laid and I am almost certain she must have died from being egg bound and I feel so guilty of not knowing about it in time and could have helped her. She never showed indication she was laying and it was the first egg I had ever seen from her in the two yrs I had owned her. She was around 8 yrs old, so she was the right age to start laying, but truthfully I was never sure she was even a she. Her former owner said she was, but I never had her DNA tested.

Peta was Jerry's bird in that she was the only one of our birds that loved him as much as she did me. And her former owner said she hated men since she hated her ex-husband. Jerry has been really upset over losing her and we both have so missed her sweet chirps and cute face greeting us every day. Jerry has been asking me if we will get another one and I was not sure if I wanted to yet. But with Jerry's sadness I decided to just check what was available and low & behold a little fabie Pineapple Green Cheek girl was waiting just for us! She will be ready to come home sometime next month and is such a cutie as these photos will show ya'll. The first 2 photos were from about 3 weeks ago and the others are 2 weeks and last week. She is growing fast!! She is with a breeder in the Dallas area, so we will be going to pick her up when she weaned.

So everyone I reveal my secret~~Our newest Fabie~~Serita Lynae~~ :th_heart: :th_biggrin:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Honesty
04-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Oh Wow, De'Andrea. Serita Lynae is just soooo cute :th_heart: (Another fantastic Name) :)

Congrats to both you and Jerry!

You are soon going to be catching up with Terri :) I think you are going to have to buy a bigger house soon :th_LOL:

Turquoise
04-15-2014, 09:29 AM
Thanks Wendy!! LOL Yes I do need a bigger house already! :)

At least these last two fabies are much smaller than my big kids and I still have space for them, their play perches and cages~~I think?:th_hehe:

Pinkbirdy
04-15-2014, 11:21 AM
Im so sorry about Peta :( I know these guys are the cutest little things [and such people birds} . I have to run through Petco [where they have 3 ) or Im going to end up with all of them . When I lost my Rb2 Jennifer ,I kept going back that I need to get another. Species do have similar characteristics . Your new babies cute :) !!!

JudiNH
04-15-2014, 12:19 PM
Oh my goodness....she is adorable! Congratulations!!

spiritbird
04-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Sending you a :grouphug: for the loss of Peta. Your new little fid is precious. Heart heart!:th_heart::th_heart:

Debra
04-15-2014, 02:31 PM
She is beautiful! Congratulations to you and Jerry both.

PlaxMacaws
04-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Oh wowee gee, De'Andrea! Such an adorable face on that little sweetheart :). And I love her name - how do you come up with such colorful names anyway? Best of congrats!

Grey
04-15-2014, 03:57 PM
I knew when you said you had a secret that you were "expecting" again. Congratulations on a beautiful faby!

Mare
04-15-2014, 03:58 PM
She is adorable, De'Andrea! Is Jerry pretty excited? I'm sorry about your loss of Peta :(. I know how much she meant to you.

Maddy
04-15-2014, 04:44 PM
OH MY GOSH DE'ANDREA!!!! She is the cutest thing EVER! :th_heart: I might have to come steal her from you when you get her. :th_hehe: Congrats!

Turquoise
04-16-2014, 01:39 AM
Im so sorry about Peta :( I know these guys are the cutest little things [and such people birds} . I have to run through Petco [where they have 3 ) or Im going to end up with all of them . When I lost my Rb2 Jennifer ,I kept going back that I need to get another. Species do have similar characteristics . Your new babies cute :) !!!

Thanks Terri! I know what you mean about going back to thinking you need to get another. It was hard to not miss this little fluff of feathers. She was so much smaller than most of my feathered kids, but she was loved ever bit as much!:th_hug8:

Turquoise
04-16-2014, 01:44 AM
Oh my goodness....she is adorable! Congratulations!!

Thanks Judi! The widdle ones are always so special. :)

Turquoise
04-16-2014, 01:48 AM
Sending you a :grouphug: for the loss of Peta. Your new little fid is precious. Heart heart!:th_heart::th_heart:

Thank You Dianne! Love the hug, it felt so good coming from you. :th_hug8: Serita looks like she will be a darling like our Peta was.

Turquoise
04-16-2014, 01:50 AM
She is beautiful! Congratulations to you and Jerry both.

Thanks Debra! Jerry is very happy and can't hardly wait til she gets here. :)

Turquoise
04-16-2014, 02:00 AM
Oh wowee gee, De'Andrea! Such an adorable face on that little sweetheart :). And I love her name - how do you come up with such colorful names anyway? Best of congrats!

Thanks Tony! She does have an adorable face, doesn't she. :) Names just come to me, I really can't explain it. Sometimes they come to me when I'm doing something and not even trying to think on a name. Kinda' like when I write something, the words just come. :th_shrug2:

Turquoise
04-16-2014, 02:06 AM
I knew when you said you had a secret that you were "expecting" again. Congratulations on a beautiful faby!

Thanks George, you've known me too well for too long haven't you! :) It's kinda' hard on an old woman to be "expecting twins" that will be delivered several months apart. :th_LOL:

Turquoise
04-16-2014, 02:13 AM
She is adorable, De'Andrea! Is Jerry pretty excited? I'm sorry about your loss of Peta :(. I know how much she meant to you.

Thanks Mare! Jerry is very excited and he will be handling her a lot. I will insist on it so they can bond well together. Serita may not be so agreeable to loving everyone she meets as his Peta was. Peta came to me & landed on my finger, climbed to my shoulder and gave me a kiss the first time I met her in her former home. That was her former owner's deciding momemt that she would come home with me. She was indeed a special darling girl.:th_heart:

Turquoise
04-16-2014, 02:20 AM
OH MY GOSH DE'ANDREA!!!! She is the cutest thing EVER! :th_heart: I might have to come steal her from you when you get her. :th_hehe: Congrats!

Thanks Maddy! Well, if I find Serita has suddenly disappeared I will have to check your siggie and see if her photo shows up on it. :th_biggrin: I'm sure her & Peatree could find lots to get into. LOL

kendrafitz
04-18-2014, 04:01 PM
Yayyy! Congrats! I'm so excited for you! She is absolutely adorable!!!

Turquoise
04-24-2014, 05:42 AM
Yayyy! Congrats! I'm so excited for you! She is absolutely adorable!!!

Thanks Kendra! It won't be long and Miss Serita will be home with us. :)

Turquoise
04-24-2014, 05:52 AM
Here's Serita's latest update photo her breeder sent me. She said Serita is almost weaned, but still loves her baby food. I told Laura that as much as I want Serita home with me already, I want her to take all the time she needs to wean. She is adorable playing on her back, I know she will fit right in to our hearts. :)

Honesty
04-24-2014, 07:56 AM
Now that is just an adorable pic of Sereta :) I think she is going to be a very sweet natured bird :)

Good on you for asking the breeder to keep her until she is fully weaned. I did this with Codie too :)

Turquoise
04-24-2014, 08:37 AM
Thanks Wendy, she does look to be good natured. That is good if she is since the big guy (Jerry) will need to learn how to handle her. After all, I wouldn't want him to lose a finger if she were to 'attack' him. LOL OK, seriously she does look so sweet. I do believe this breeder spends lots of loving time with her fabies before they go to their new homes. I know she doesn't mind sending photos and giving updates! :)

Yes, I totally believe in the breeders keeping the babies til they decide to wean, not the breeder getting tired of feeding them & kicking them out of the nest too soon. I know some folks want to finish them out. I personally feel the move from a secure home and the only mother they have known to a strange home & lurking human can really stress them out. At least if the are fully weaned and regress to a little comfort foods, they usually get over that in a hurry with loving parronts to continue nurturing them with kindness. ((~*hug*~inserted here since my internet is fighting with me again))

Honesty
04-24-2014, 09:28 AM
Well said De'Andrea :) It is nice to find a breeder that cares so much about their birds. I am always wary of the ones that are willing to palm them off before they are fully weaned :(

I am sure Jerry is going to love Sereta :)

kendrafitz
04-24-2014, 10:44 AM
Oh my!!! Serita is the cutest thing ever! I think she is going to be so much fun! Jerry will be wrapped around her little talon. ;). I love this pic, what a fun, sweet girl!!!

Debra
04-24-2014, 07:13 PM
I can already tell that she's going to be a daddy's girl. She just has that look about her.

Turquoise
04-25-2014, 08:56 AM
Oh my!!! Serita is the cutest thing ever! I think she is going to be so much fun! Jerry will be wrapped around her little talon. ;). I love this pic, what a fun, sweet girl!!!

Thanks Kendra! Jerry better be wrapped around her little talon cause lord knows I already have plenty of birds. He needs one to 'pine' over his not being in close proximity of them. LOL She does look like she is going to be a character and very playful!! :)

Turquoise
04-25-2014, 09:03 AM
I can already tell that she's going to be a daddy's girl. She just has that look about her.

Thanks Debra! Daddy better appreciate her and keep her happy and spoiled or she may just try to run off with a big scrappy macaw boy (Roscoe) when she becomes a teenager just for spite! LOL

Serita does look like she will be demanding attention from her favorite guy~~Daddy!! :)