PDA

View Full Version : Angry little goffins 2

2birds
04-09-2014, 01:58 PM
So, this morning I had the bright idea to add a little quinoa to the birds mixed vegetable. Kilo, who loves mixed vegetables proceeded to fling the entire contents of the bowl as far as he could. When he finished flinging what he could he grabbed the bowl and turned it upside down to empty the remaining contents, gave me a dirty look and turned his back on me. Hmmm, I guess he doesn't like quinoa. Or, he didn't get a good nights sleep. Either way, he showed me. The slave is now going to the kitchen to make another bowl of mixed vegetables minus the quinoa.

Debra
04-09-2014, 02:14 PM
They definitely have a way of letting us know what they're feeling, don't they. The new food I got for Lucy has nuts in the shell in it and she throws them to the floor of her cage. If they're not shelled she's not eating them. I suppose I need to find my nutcrackers and start shelling for my queen. lol

Honesty
04-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Haha, they know what they like!

2birds
04-09-2014, 02:26 PM
LOL. yes they do. Better get to shelling those nuts. My birds actually like to crack open the nuts themselves.

2birds
04-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Yep, it was the quinoa. He ate his new batch of veggies only and is now sitting there grinding his beak and looking satisfied.

Mare
04-09-2014, 02:36 PM
Sassy does that! What's funny is what she hates today, she loved yesterday! I exchanged quinoa for cooked brown rice. So far, it's still acceptable! :th_biggrin:

2birds
04-09-2014, 03:08 PM
Mare, he does like brown rice, I'll have to go back to that. Honestly, I would have taken the hint if he just didn't eat it. I guess he wanted to make sure I knew.

Turquoise
04-10-2014, 07:56 AM
Oh the many times that scenario has been played out in my house~~let me count the ways! Yep, I do believe Kilo was
making a statement. LOL

Debra, Leyla Belle is the same way. She won't cracker any nut except pistachios. I guess our two Divas don't want to mar their shiny black beaks!!