PDA

View Full Version : Toys and identification

Melo7777
04-07-2014, 04:22 AM
Hi, I just got a lovebird. So far I have 2 toys in its cage. Should I add more? If so, How much? The cage is 23" long, 16" wide, and 15" tall in case you're wondering how much space I have. Additionally, could someone identify my lovebird? It's the yellow and orange bird in the photo. Thank you.

Turquoise
04-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Hi Melo7777 & welcome to our forum and flock. Sorry I missed this til now. I don't know all the names of the Love Bird species, so someone with more experience will have to help you out on the identification. And yes by all means add more toys and change them from time to time for a different one. Sometimes even tho they may not play with their toys, they do get bored with the same ones and enjoy new ones which can be ones you changed at an earlier date.

Congrats on getting a sweet little Love Bird. :) They are sweet and adorable, not to mention gorgeous colors and yours looks to be a real beauty. Lat us know how you & your new baby are doing. And remember to go to the New Member's section of the forum and introduce yourself and your Lovie to everyone. :th_welcome2:

Debra
04-10-2014, 01:46 PM
I've missed this one too. I apologize for that.

Welcome to the forum! I can't help you either on what species of lovebird you've got there. I'm sorry about that. I will say that he/she is beautiful! The colors on him/her are simply stunning. I hope we get to see more of this little lovey. Please do go to the New Members section and tell us all about yourself and how you came upon this little beauty.

Melo7777
04-10-2014, 02:09 PM
I just got new toys and he seems to love them. He likes to untie all of the ropes it seems

Debra
04-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Oh, he would probably love toys with leather strips tied into knots! You can make those yourself, just make sure the leather strips are veggie tanned leather. Most bird places that have the leather strips have the veggie tanned ones. My Safe Bird Store (an online store) has a great selection of toy making parts. You might check them out. It's much cheaper to make toys than it is to buy them usually.

By the way, what is his name?

Honesty
04-10-2014, 05:08 PM
:hello:Melo777. Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on your new addition. He looks like a Lutino Peach Faced Lovebird :)

coltfire
04-10-2014, 11:21 PM
hi and welcome , Wendy your almost right its a split lutino peach face

2birds
04-11-2014, 01:56 AM
What a sweet looking little guy. Welcome Melo