PDA

View Full Version : Ok Take 2!!

Sharon Hickey
04-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Hi Everyone,

I feel like I know so many of you already!! I have been trawling these forums for a year now (Stalker much?!)

I was going to wait until I got my B&G but I was inspired today.

I will be getting my B&G, Frankie in 5 weeks or so and I've been waiting for this for what feels like forever!! In reality about a year.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

We have 2 Budgies, Dora and Snowy (sitting on my mum) Dora is green and yellow.

2 Chickens, Snow White and Tinkerbell

In case you didn't spot it, I have a 5 year old daughter who has nominated herself as the official animal namer!

Ok so the inspiration behind my post.....

There's 5 SCC's in that pic

These pics were taken from my back door.

We get these visitors at least twice a day and this afternoon as I was hosing off the back patio I truly appreciated how fortunate I am to get these beautiful wild birds coming to visit us. I realised that there are some bird lovers who would give their left arm to see these amazing birds so up close and personal.

Anyway I wanted to say hi and thanks so much for everything I have already learnt and I'm sure will continue to learn!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turquoise
04-07-2014, 07:18 AM
Welcome to the flock Sharon!:th_greet13:

Love the photos of your soon to be new B&G Fabie Frankie! He is a real beauty. And my favorite species~~Macaw!! I look forward to seeing your photos of Frankie when he comes home and grows into the gorgeous macaw he is destined to be. And I know the weaning wait is horrible. I've been there several times and am 'In Waiting' again for not one, but two fabies myself.

Your budgies are adorable and look so sweet on loving it up on your Mom. :) And I adore chickens, used to have several Bantam species. Would have some now if I had time for outdoor critters again. Your daughter's choice of names for the flock is super cute. I can tell she loves her characters in her favorite shows. :th_hehe:

I am one of those who would love to be able to see parrots all over my yard like ya'll get to. I can imagine it gets annoying tho when a very large flock comes in and makes more noise outside than the resident birds inside. And the mess they probably leave you as their parting gift. :th_LOL:

Sharon Hickey
04-07-2014, 07:33 AM
It's beautiful seeing them wild in the yard! I just wanna hug em! But of course they're very skittish and one slight noise or movement sends them screaming off!

My husband once said he has a soft spot for a cockatoo....

I'll leave that one with you!

Hahahahahahahaha

Cheers!

Turquoise
04-07-2014, 07:51 AM
Hi Sharon, I didn't realize you had this same thread and posting on the newest one. I work nights on a 4 on & 4 off schedule which doesn't give me much time to come over here and keep up with all the goings on. So on my off nights when I can finally break free of housework and such I furiously try to catch up on postings. I usually go to the lowest one down in the section I'm on. :)

You will probably find it funny, but one of my Fabies I am waiting on is a Rose Breasted Cockatoo. It will be my first Cockatoo and it won't be weaned til later in the summer, sometime in July, or maybe later. The eggs have just hatched a couple of weeks ago. I have read so many good things about the Rosies, so I decided that would be the best fit for me to have a Too in my life.

Sharon Hickey
04-07-2014, 07:55 AM
I just love them all! Except crows, coz they're a bit creepy and magpies coz they swoop you!

I remember a few years ago my then 9 year old son wasn't home from school so I packed my baby in the car and went looking for him. Well there he was with about 5 other kids on the corner trying to cross the road but this magpie kept swooping them everytime one of them made a move!

Poor kids were petrified!! Lol

Cheers!

Turquoise
04-07-2014, 08:02 AM
Oh how funny in a way. Would have made a cute video to show him later on when he was grown and ask him if he'd been stalked by any birds lately. LOL I'm sure they can be menacing, I've seen them on shows on tv, but never had dealings with them.

Sharon Hickey
04-07-2014, 08:04 AM
Oh it's terrifying!!! Think yourself lucky you've not experienced it!! They get so close and you hear their wings flapping and beak snapping!!!

Truly a frightening experience!

Lol makes you respect em though!

Cheers!

plax
04-26-2014, 06:33 PM
A friend of mine from Victoria Australia has made friends with her wild magpie visitors. They sit on her arm or leg in her yard and she feeds them by hand. She has named each of them and she keeps a running photo-journal on her FB page of their antics and interactions. I'd post an example, but I think her privacy settings preclude access to her content by anyone other than her FB friends. She as well has a pet Sulfur-crested Cockatoo named Barney and a pet Galah named Squeaky.

2birds
04-28-2014, 07:47 AM
Welcome to the forum Sharon. The B and G baby is beautiful and so are the wild cockatoos. I find crows and ravens interesting and intelligent creatures. I can see why one could get creeped out by them though with their black beads for eyes.