PDA

View Full Version : Newbie...

Sharon Hickey
04-04-2014, 08:22 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been trawling these forums for a year or so now and already feel like I know everyone! (Stalker much?!)

Anyway I thought I'd finally introduce myself.

I am getting my first B&G in about 5 weeks, her name is Frankie, I'll put the latest pic up too. My kids have 2 Budgies, Dora and Snowy, but they're very cage bound unfortunately, that's how they were when we got them. And we have 2 brown chickens, Tinkerbell and Snow White... In case you didn't pick it, I have a 5 year old daughter who has found herself to be the official pet namer!

I had planned on waiting til I got my Frankie before I posted on here but for the past few weeks we have had lots of "Visitors" and this afternoon while hosing down the back patio I though is take a few snaps of the visitors.

Trawling this forum has made me truly appreciate these beautiful wild visitors that we get and realize that not every bird lover will ever have the pleasure of getting these visitors in their backyards twice a day!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

There's 5 SCC's in this pic..

My mum with the budgies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honesty
04-04-2014, 12:08 PM
Hello Sharon and :th_welcome2: to PP!

Sorry you have been having problems with your postings this morning. It was something to do with settings :( You should be okay now!

Congrats on getting your Macaw. You must be very excited :) Frankie is adorable! We look forward to hearing all about her and seeing lots of updated pics :)

Dora and Snowy are very cute!

Mare
04-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Hi, Sharon! Welcome, nice to see you here! Frankie is gorgeous, such brilliant colors! Your daughter has fine taste in picking names :) the rest of your flock are cuties, too. You are obviously living in Australia to have such beautiful wild visitors. Thanks for the pics and we look forward to hearing about and seeing more of Frankie!

koa
04-04-2014, 04:10 PM
u got good luck to have cockatoos in your backyard lol and i just love blue and gold macaws

Maddy
04-04-2014, 06:50 PM
Hi Sharon, welcome to the forum! Frankie is so cute, your chickens are beautiful (I love chickens :) ), and your budgies are ADORABLE! :th_heart:

PlaxMacaws
04-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Welcome Sharon :) I can't imagine having beautiful wild parrots like those Toos hanging around in my backyard! That's truly impressive :D. I'm sure they're lots of fun to watch. And what a cute baby B&G you have there! Your Budgies and your chickens look to be wonderful birds, too :)

Thanks for joining us.. and a big thank you for sharing your photos :th_biggrin:

Sharon Hickey
04-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome!!

I live in a small mining town called Moranbah which is in Queensland in Australia.

I get the SCC's, the Galahs, Rainbow Lorikeets and Rosellas visiting daily, definitely very lucky!!

I'll post some more pics of Frankie as soon as I get her. I do have a short film clip of her getting scratches from her breeder but I'm not sure if I know how to post videos?

Cheers!

Debra
04-04-2014, 11:36 PM
Hello and welcome! I love your flock! I so want to get some chickens, but that will have to wait sadly. I'm so jealous of your daily visitors!

kendrafitz
04-05-2014, 04:09 AM
Hi Sharon and welcome!

What a beautiful flock you have! Frankie is absolutely adorable. You must be beyond excited for her to come home. Waiting is the hardest part!!

I am jealous of your visitors. Absolutely stunning.

Turquoise
04-07-2014, 07:58 AM
Well, I will welcome you and Frankie again since I managed to post my first welcome in the other thread! And I apologize for calling Frankie a he in the other one as well. Shame on me for overlooking you obviously writing that Frankie is a she. And a gorgeous she at that!! As I said, my favorite species~~Macaws!!! :)

Sharon Hickey
04-07-2014, 08:00 AM
Lol even my family say he. It's all good and thank you for the welcome!

Cheers!