PDA

View Full Version : may be geting a Cockatiel in a few weeks

koa
04-03-2014, 03:43 AM
i might be geting a Cockatiel in a few weeks i need some care tips thanks i am geting him from [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] if you do live in NY get from him:th_heart:

spiritbird
04-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Luck you. I also have a young tiel from a pet store. She has turned out to be a wonderful little bird. I found her to be very sweet and easily trained. Please post photos when you get your bird.

koa
04-03-2014, 02:04 PM
i will have to post pics he is a Lutino i am geting him for 199$

Mare
04-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Sounds exciting! Is a Lutino the all white ones? I'm not familiar with their different colors. I love our little cockatiel, Chip :th_heart: he won't let us touch him but will come sit on you when he feels like it, normally when I'm eating a tortilla Chip! He came to us via my brother who was sitting outside, on a patio at my dad's house last summer, eating tortilla chips and this little cockatiel flys on to his shoulder from out of nowhere! My brother handed his tortilla up and the poor little bugger was starving, his two little girls named him Chip :). We made calls to neighbors and put up flyers to see if anyone would claim him, nothing. My brother lives in South America and was here on a visit. He couldn't take him so asked if I would. I couldn't say no. Anyways, that's how we got Chip! Cockatiels can be great birds!

Honesty
04-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Congrats and look forward to seeing pics :)

koa
04-03-2014, 05:29 PM
2062he is a nice looking bird but here is a pic of a lutino he is 10 to 12 weeks old when we get him hand fed baby to+nice deal 350$ for all of it bird cage toys seed stuff like that

Honesty
04-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Beautiful :th_biggrin:

koa
04-03-2014, 05:47 PM

Debra
04-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Mare -- Lutinos are a yellowish white tiel. My Yellow Rose is one. She was named this because she is the softest yellow much like a yellow rose. Wish she were as sweet as a yellow rose. She's more like the thorns. lol