PDA

View Full Version : Meet my snakes :)

Copper
04-25-2013, 04:58 AM
In the order I got them

Danearys the pastel ball python
I think of Danearys as my baby. I had her shipped down to me from a breeder as a yearling. She is such a beautiful girl, a favorite among my friends. She is also the only snake I bring places, if Rosie tells me she doesn''t want to come.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Anery corn snake named Lothlorien
Lothlorien was my impulse buy. The day I bought her was the day I got to meet several fully grown corn snake for the first time and realized how amazing they were. I bought her at a reptile show from a local breeder. I went to that show only expecting to buy a male ball python, but couldn't help but bring her home too.

Alucard the cinnamon het genetic stripe ball python.
This boy, he is such a screaming good looking snake. It's unbelievable how beautiful he is, such intense flames, blushing, and floaters. The day Danearys is old enough to breed(3-4 years, currently 2) they are going to make some sexy babies, because Danearys is one beautiful girl. I bought Alucard from his breeder at the same show that I bought Lothlorien.

Agro the spider ball python. Three snakes was a great number for me, I didn't have any desire for another. A friend of mine had Agro for 4 years, bought him as a baby. He always had a very bad corkscrew and she wanted to be sure he went to someone who actually cares about their snakes and thinks of them as pets, rather than just a breeder or just a emotionless snake with no character. So Agro came into my home and I truly enjoy him.

he's not actually scared here, he was set down and I got a quick pic before he started exploring

I don't have any plans to get any more snakes, it actually makes me a little nervous also having snakes as well as birds. I'm borderline paranoid as I lock their snake rack and make it impossible to open.

keepsmiling
04-25-2013, 07:53 AM
They are very beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

gemini_84
04-25-2013, 08:07 AM
:th_wow: omg ashley, they are beautiful. i love snakes, i dont think i woukd be game enough to have a pet snakes, birds and a cat. Although i think i would be more worried about the snakes with my kitty, he does love to play with lizards, and has on occasion bought me the odd little snake

CrazyBirdLady
04-25-2013, 10:45 AM
They are gorgeous!

roxynoodle
04-25-2013, 11:56 AM
Beautiful snakes! I only had a garter snake when I was a kid though it used to love to go for bike rides, wrapped around my handlebars. I'm actually kind of surprised I haven't had one as an adult.

aliray
04-25-2013, 01:46 PM
Nice looking snakes I really love the corn snakes Their colors are so pretty

SharonC
04-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Beautiful photos!

Antoinette
04-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Absolutely beautiful

:biggrin-new:

buddingtwigs
04-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Cool. I have a co worker who breeds snakes and has quite a collection. I think they are beautiful and fascinating, but i have never wanted to have one personally. (I have always kind of wanted a lizard of some type, maybe a cute little beardie. And since childhood i have wanted a turtle. i LOVE LOVE turtles. But sadly you can't own a turtle in NJ.)

Birdboy
04-26-2013, 06:33 AM
They are amazing. I wanted a snake for a long time, i wanted a ball python. But my parents wouldnt let me :( but i got keiko, which so far has been the best choice ever!!! I still LOVE looking at snakes on tv and at Zoo's e.t.c. I am a sucker for albino snakes, the yellow and white is what gets me ;) (yellows my fav colour)

Copper
04-26-2013, 11:06 PM
:th_wow: omg ashley, they are beautiful. i love snakes, i dont think i woukd be game enough to have a pet snakes, birds and a cat. Although i think i would be more worried about the snakes with my kitty, he does love to play with lizards, and has on occasion bought me the odd little snake
I understand XD My snakes aren't big enough to eat Rosie or Kenji, but they can still hurt them and possibly even kill them. If I ever woke up to a empty tub I would FREAK. When I was a kid I had my childhood ball python go missing for 3 months. Unfortunately when I got Rosie I decided to give him to a close friend, being out for 3 months with no food or water changed him, poor guy felt he needed to take every chance to eat and bit me so much I eventually feared him and felt terrible. Danearys gave me my confidence back.

Luckily the tubs are inescapable, one reason why I use them rather than a terrarium.

Cool. I have a co worker who breeds snakes and has quite a collection. I think they are beautiful and fascinating, but i have never wanted to have one personally. (I have always kind of wanted a lizard of some type, maybe a cute little beardie. And since childhood i have wanted a turtle. i LOVE LOVE turtles. But sadly you can't own a turtle in NJ.)
When I was working at petsmart I had a coworker(we're still friends) who has a whole pile of snakes and she also breeds them. She breeds ball pythons, corn snakes, a pair of dumerials boas and Argentine boas. She's the reason I bought my corn snake.

They are amazing. I wanted a snake for a long time, i wanted a ball python. But my parents wouldnt let me :( but i got keiko, which so far has been the best choice ever!!! I still LOVE looking at snakes on tv and at Zoo's e.t.c. I am a sucker for albino snakes, the yellow and white is what gets me ;) (yellows my fav colour)
yeah, birds are better companion than snakes because they actually care about you lol. Snakes just get used to you. If given the choice between a parrot or a snake I'd pick a parrot hands down without in a second.

plax
04-27-2013, 04:08 AM
Cool snakes, Ashley :). I used to have 2 Retics and a Burmese. One of my Retics was just under 17 feet long and the other was about 14.5 feet long. Then my Burmese was over 12 feet. I miss them but I sure hated feeding them :(.

Copper
04-27-2013, 10:29 PM
Cool snakes, Ashley :). I used to have 2 Retics and a Burmese. One of my Retics was just under 17 feet long and the other was about 14.5 feet long. Then my Burmese was over 12 feet. I miss them but I sure hated feeding them :(.
wow, I love reticulated pythons. Such beautiful snakes, my friend has a male lavender albino retic who is stunning. They have razor sharp teeth, their bites are the worst. My friend's Burmese is 12 feet too(a male). Big snakes are a little too much for me, I like interacting with my friends but would never want one myself. I don't like when my friend is getting them out and they have a moment of feeding mode and stare at me, really freaky lol

I, as well as my friend who has a whole bunch, feed them frozen thawed rats(mice fuzzies for the corn snakes). So much easier than live, although occasional I do have to feed live if there aren't any frozen available. And sometimes the frozen rats pop, which is soooom groooooos! I have to immobilize the rats before giving them to my snakes, usually I put them in a towel and affixiate as the snake would until they pass out. I always feel TERRIBLE about it, but my snakes have been raised on F/T and the time I tried giving them live they both were bitten, luckily not bad.

plax
04-30-2013, 08:16 PM
wow, I love reticulated pythons. Such beautiful snakes, my friend has a male lavender albino retic who is stunning. They have razor sharp teeth, their bites are the worst. My friend's Burmese is 12 feet too(a male). Big snakes are a little too much for me, I like interacting with my friends but would never want one myself. I don't like when my friend is getting them out and they have a moment of feeding mode and stare at me, really freaky lol

I, as well as my friend who has a whole bunch, feed them frozen thawed rats(mice fuzzies for the corn snakes). So much easier than live, although occasional I do have to feed live if there aren't any frozen available. And sometimes the frozen rats pop, which is soooom groooooos! I have to immobilize the rats before giving them to my snakes, usually I put them in a towel and affixiate as the snake would until they pass out. I always feel TERRIBLE about it, but my snakes have been raised on F/T and the time I tried giving them live they both were bitten, luckily not bad.Well, I used to feed my retics live rabbits. But it got to where I just couldn't take it... poor defenseless animals meeting such violent deaths like that :(. I love snakes (always have) and I'm especially partial to the giant ones. Unfortunately, the only snake food items that were easy to obtain in my area were the live rabbits. So, that pretty well prompted me to part with my beautiful long friends.

One of my retics would eat raw turkey legs. I used to fortify the legs by injecting them with vitamins and minerals. My other two weren't at all interested in eating dead turkey parts, though.

RoseBandit
05-01-2013, 08:05 AM
I've always wanted a snake too! Except one my mum is terrified not to mention my sister, two dont you feed snakes like mice etc? I love mice too so yeah... haha come to think of it I love all animals! I would make a list of all the animals I would have when I'm older (more birds too!) haha and tell my mum and she's like. "Well I'm never going to your house, ever." shes not a big fan of animals at all, though she tolorates Bandit because he is a cutieeee!! Haha :) Your snakes are beautiful