PDA

View Full Version : Looking for something?

josiesmom
03-30-2014, 09:08 PM
Does anyone else's bird look at the floor of their cage like they are looking for something? The last few days, Josie has been standing on a perch bending down looking at the bottom like she dropped something and can't find it. She doesn't actually go to the bottom ever so this seems like very strange behavior from her. Any thoughts?

Honesty
03-30-2014, 09:13 PM
Funny you should say this Anita! Codie does this very often and I am always going over to see what it it he has seen. I have just come to the conclusion he is looking at the newspaper. lol. The only difference with Codie is, he actually goes down to the bottom to look!

PlaxMacaws
03-31-2014, 12:07 AM
Does anyone else's bird look at the floor of their cage like they are looking for something? The last few days, Josie has been standing on a perch bending down looking at the bottom like she dropped something and can't find it. She doesn't actually go to the bottom ever so this seems like very strange behavior from her. Any thoughts?It could be the first stage of a new hobby she's thinking of adopting ;). First comes gazing down at the cage tray... then comes going down to take a closer look... then (OH NO!) comes FISHING for goodies through the grate bars :th_scared4:. Hopefully that's not what's going on with her. Both Jack and Zaf are terrible about doing it on a regular basis :(

Turquoise
03-31-2014, 07:04 AM
Hmmm, haven't noticed mine staring at the bottom of their cages or enclosures much. When Wendy said Codie was looking at the newspaper my immediate thought was ya'lls birds have learned to read and found an interesting article that caught their eye. :th_LOL: Next thing you know they will be requesting certain sections that they like best. :)

Roscoe has the very bad habit of going to the floor of his enclosure and 'stealing' sheets of newspaper to rip to pieces right after I put the new paper down. He does it just to annoy me and never bothers it once he throws his food down there and gets it dirty. I can't keep him for getting it since his and actually all 3 macaws enclosures are large walk ins. He knows I can't stop him and the rotten rascal is smiling the whole time he is gleefully ripping & tossing pieces about. :th_pinklol2: