PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Bird

danfrog
03-30-2014, 06:50 PM
So after a friend and his girlfriend met our Joey the Green Cheek they went out and purchased a baby Sun Conure. Things went south with their relationship and they split up. She left the bird with him, and he works all day. Well he called me yesterday and asked if we wanted the bird, and after a five minute talk with the wife we went to pic up Sonny the Sun Conure free of charge. Sonny is very timid and shy. She/he is the polar opposite of our outgoing and bity Joey. Anyways we didnt plan on getting another bird but Sonny needed a good home. Here are some pics![Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Honesty
03-30-2014, 06:53 PM
Congrats :) Sonny is adorable :)

danfrog
03-30-2014, 07:00 PM
Sonny was on an all seed diet. She is chowing down on zupremes pellets right now. I put some bird vitamin drops in her water and will give her some organic spinach and green beans tonight.

spiritbird
03-30-2014, 07:15 PM
When you give vitamin supplements to a bird please be careful and watch for liquid droppings. She should get enough nutrients in the proper diet you are feeding. Good luck and I know she is happy to be in a bird home.

Debra
03-30-2014, 08:24 PM
She is beautiful! Good on you for taking her in and giving her a healthier diet and lifestyle.

Turquoise
03-31-2014, 10:31 AM
Beautiful new fabie you have there! I bet Sonny will be so much happier with you than in her previous home. Good food, stable calm environment, all the love she can get, what more could a cutie like her ask for?!! :)

Blancaej
03-31-2014, 07:36 PM
Congratulations on your new fid! Sonny is adorable. I am so glad you were able to take her/him! :)