PDA

View Full Version : ~~The Sunshine Girl~~

Turquoise
03-30-2014, 10:27 AM
I took Ruby Jewel outside a couple of days ago since it is finally getting warm enough after a very long cold winter for us. She loved it and the bright light really made her red show up well.

And for the new members who may not know and are worried about her being outside without a harness, take a look at photos # 4. & 5. Ruby Jewel is missing the folded part of her left wing, the part that would be from the elbow to the finger tips on us humans, which prevents her from ever being able to fly. Her right wing is normal and her left was bitten off by her Dad when she was a day old. My Ruby Jewel is a real beauty despite the slight different look to her left wing.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Honesty
03-30-2014, 10:38 AM
Stunning pics De'Andrea :) Ruby jewel looks like she is loving it outside in the sunshine :)

Turquoise
03-30-2014, 11:21 AM
Thanks Wendy, she did indeed enjoy herself. She kept looking all around and doing her soft sweet talk she does with me, most of which I can't understand. It is so cute when she does that & then says, "I Love You." :)

spiritbird
03-30-2014, 11:30 AM
Lovely photos of a very pretty Ruby. I guess there are some advantages for a bird with wing damage.

Turquoise
03-30-2014, 11:57 AM
Thanks Dianne. Yes it is a pleasure to be able to take Ruby Jewel out any time the weather is nice without having to plead, beg, bribe with treats and everything else I have tried to get Roscoe to wear his harness! He won't let the head part get past his beak, so he misses out on fresh air & sunshine. :(

kendrafitz
03-30-2014, 12:04 PM
She looks so happy! The turquoise on her wings/tail is stunning. Especially in the sunlight. Great pics!!!! :)

Turquoise
03-30-2014, 12:39 PM
Thanks Kendra. She does look so much brighter and the colors stand out so well in the sun. Wished I could take all my flock out and get natural pictures of them. Her & Angel are the only ones I can do this without a harness and no worries. :)

Pinkbirdy
03-30-2014, 02:20 PM
Shes gorgeous !!!! love all the red on her face :)

Mandi
03-30-2014, 03:11 PM
She's beautiful x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debra
03-30-2014, 03:32 PM
Oh, De'! She looks so beautiful out there soaking up that sunshine.

Maddy
03-30-2014, 04:12 PM
Ruby Jewel is gorgeous! :th_heart: It looks like she is loving the sunshine!

Turquoise
03-31-2014, 07:26 AM
Thanks Terri, Mandi, Debra & Maddy! She gets more beautiful every day. :)