PDA

View Full Version : Chained Macaw!!!!!!

Honesty
03-27-2014, 02:45 PM
I have just seen this on Youtube. This person has their Macaw chained!!! How barbaric is this??? :(

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Debra
03-27-2014, 04:27 PM
That's wrong on so many levels! There's another one on there of a B&G that is chained and cursing up a storm. Breaks my heart to see this.

Mandi
03-27-2014, 05:47 PM
I could only watch a few seconds
He's clearly Not comfortable as he can't even reach he bowl Hoop properly :( x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cedardave
03-27-2014, 06:50 PM
I didnt watch the video...a chained bird.That should not be allowed and should be reported.A flight harness ok in short duration but a bird should never be held captive like this.

Blancaej
03-27-2014, 06:54 PM
I couldn't watch either. So sad and terrible! :(

Turquoise
03-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Well I can't get my internet to load this video this morning. Guess it doesn't want to see a macaw chained either. I can only imagine how sad a sight this must be!! :( I will try later to get it loaded and watch.

Turquoise
03-30-2014, 11:06 AM
Ok, watched it. As soon as I posted my message it loaded. I just wonder why this lady seems to think she has to chain the little darling for a shower? It looks like it is enjoying the shower itself despite the restraint. And it could easily break it's leg straining that way to get a good foot hold and being chained. So So sad that a sweet fabie has to go through this and the owner is so proud of her shower setup that she has it on youtube for all the world to see!! :(

Macaw Lover
03-30-2014, 02:26 PM
You must remember, this was the mind set of a perfectly acceptable thing to do 30-40 years ago. Thankfully most people would never dream of doing this now but there are still the ones out there that do. Same with feeding an all sunflower seed diet.

Honesty
03-30-2014, 02:28 PM
This is very true Renee. Thank goodness everyone has come to their senses :)

Maddy
03-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Poor baby. ): It makes me so sad to see that.

Honesty
03-30-2014, 04:44 PM
You are right De'Andrea, she has posted it on FB for all to see! I am pleased to say there are many replies to this video and not favourable ones either!

2birds
04-13-2014, 07:30 PM
This really sucks. Birds are such a pleasure to have around but what is the point if they are kept like this. Same thing with a dog chained to a tree outside. What's the point of even having it.

Mare
04-13-2014, 10:14 PM
Nooo..! I couldn't finish watching! When I see things like this it makes me want to do the same with the owner,,grrrr..

plax
04-13-2014, 11:44 PM
Sadly, there's a video I stumbled across that was recently posted to a high-traffic FB bird page. It shows a Sulfur-crested 2 chained to the back of a pretty fierce looking dog as the owner walks them both down the sidewalk :(. Some people are so cruelly ignorant!