PDA

View Full Version : Possible lunch date with Gilbert

buddingtwigs
04-24-2013, 04:58 PM
My dad is retired and lives in the same town i do. He is bored and wants to get out on this lovely day so i told him to pick up Gilbert and bring him to visit me at my office for lunch. Gilbert is SO cooperative and generally steps up for anyone, but my dad isn't 100% sure of himself with the birds.....so, we'll see if he suceeds. I told him not to stress about it, but offer it to Gil to step up and go bye bye and see what he does. If Gilbert seems weirded out, just let him be rather than scare him or upset him.

Here's hoping it works out!! It would be so fun and Gilbert is a "mover and shaker" that way, likes to get out and see things.

Georgie had come to visit before, and even though she was nippy with anyone other than me reaching in her cage to step up, she knew the carrier meant FUN so she would get in by herself if someone offered it to her.

Gilbert is NOT nippy and i would love to keep it that way, so that's why i said not to push too hard, just try him for his reaction to the idea. LOL

ShellyBorg
04-24-2013, 05:17 PM
Hope it works! Have fun.:D

aliray
04-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Let us know how it went

buddingtwigs
04-24-2013, 06:15 PM
Gilbert isn't coming. :( Dad is "iffy" around parrots anyhow and he said Gil came to the front of the cage and took some fruit from him when he offered it, and then he said "step up" without putting his hand very close and Gil made his "i don't want to" gesture and went to the back of his cage to play with his ball of cane. I got to talk to him on speaker, LOL, and dad said Gilbert came to the phone. hahaha
Anyhow, i know Gil's "i don't want to" gesture so well (he does it to me if he wants to stay out and play and i say he has to go back to his cage).
My dad has hardly ever even held Gilbert so i guess it's normal that he would think "heck no, i'm not going with you, crazy man!"

ShellyBorg
04-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Sorry it did not work out.

roxynoodle
04-24-2013, 10:04 PM
I'm sorry it didn't go as you wanted it to, but hopefully next time.