PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

CrazyBirdLady
04-24-2013, 01:53 PM
My name is Jaime and Audrey (roxynoodle) invited me to this forum and I am happy to be here!

I have a large flock including 11 (soon to be 13) Cockatiels. A Parrotlet, a Senegal, a Maximilian Pionus, and a Blue and Gold Macaw.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone!

keepsmiling
04-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Hello Jaime, so glad you have joined us!!:th_welcome2:

Honesty
04-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Hello Jaime and :pp_welcome:we look forward to seeing pics of your flock:)

roxynoodle
04-24-2013, 02:16 PM
I'm so glad you joined us! What new birds are you getting?

Blackhawk007
04-24-2013, 02:34 PM
HI Jaime, welcome to the community! And wow you have a lot of birds.

aliray
04-24-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi Jaime and welcome to the forum

CrazyBirdLady
04-24-2013, 04:46 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome! Yes, I do have a lot of birds. :adoration: I will post pictures of them all in a bit, but I warn you my photography skills are seriously lacking.

Audrey, I am getting JudiNH's two cockatiels, Mayzie and Q-tip. She is having to re-home them due to her son's severe allergies. It was a very hard decision for her and the family is grieving, so it is bitter sweet for me. I feel so bad for them but am so excited to get them. I have admired Mayzie for a very long time! And Q-ie sounds like such a good boy! They will be getting here tomorrow afternoon! We are both nervous about the shipping process but I hope everything goes smoothly.

Thanks again, everyone!

CrazyBirdLady
04-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Izzy - Pearl Pied female - tame, but fairly independent.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Quinn - Pied male - sweet boy, in love with Phoebe (Phinn is their baby)
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Baretta - White Face Lutino female - very sweet girl, but takes a while to warm up to strangers

Zoey - Cinnamon Lutino Pearl female - loves to be on me and is tame, but does not like to be touched.

Phoebe - Cinnamon girl - shy and timid, but very bonded to me.

Bailey - WF cinnamon female - never meets a stranger. She loves everyone.

Tobias - WF cinnamon pied male - when he isn't busy pursuing the girls with his singing he likes to cuddle.

Indira - Lutino female - Very sweet girl, loves people.

Noelle - Fallow Pied female - as long as you are giving this girl scritches she is fine. If you stop, watch your fingers lol!

CrazyBirdLady
04-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Sierra - Cinnamon female - She was surrendered to my local pet store who gave her to me to care for. She is an older girl (my vet guesses) and lived a rough life as a breeder, resulting in a broken wing that was left to heal on its own. She is very sweet.

Phinn - Pied boy - son of Phoebe and Quinn. He was parent raised and I am working on taming him, he is a shy boy. A lot like his mom in personality.

Paris - What can I say, she is my heart and soul bird. We have an incredible bond. She was a re-home, but was still a baby when I got her.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]][Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Alex - sweet, cuddly, funny, mischievous. She was a humane purchase from a bad bird store. She is approximately 12 years old.

Sprite - sweet, cuddly, adorable little ball of fluff. She also has a wicked bite!

Sembre - She is a re-home from CL. She is about 9 years old. She is incredibly well behaved. She is content to sit on my knee or shoulder and have her head pet. I have no idea why this angel was re-homed twice!

aliray
04-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Wow that is quite the flock I started to giggle when I saw the picture of Paris. You certainly have a size difference between the Blue and gold and the parrotlett. How do they all get along.?

CrazyBirdLady
04-24-2013, 05:50 PM
Well, they don't. The p'let is very bird aggressive so she gets separate time out. The tiels get their time out, they all get along with one another. The the other birds can be out at the same time, but all in separate locations with close supervision. I work, sleep, and play with birds!

Honesty
04-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Wow!! What a beautiful flock :)

Antoinette
04-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Welcome to the forum
OMG you sure have your hands full
Beautiful birds
:victorious:

Maddy
04-24-2013, 07:14 PM
Welcome Jamie!!

merlinsmom13
04-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Hi Jamie!! Beautiful flock <3

roxynoodle
04-24-2013, 10:11 PM
It was nice to see them all and hear a bit of their stories :)

Thank you also for adopting the 2 new ones during that family's tie of need.

plax
04-25-2013, 12:06 AM
Welcome Jamie! I'm glad you're here :). Your birds are beautiful :D

Pinkbirdy
04-25-2013, 02:25 AM
What a great flock :) Thanks for sharing your pictures !! Im in love with each bird :) [I thought I was the crazy bird lady ! [Im going to have 10 soon] Glad im among those like me:) [See Im telling my guy Im not crazy theres more of us :)

Shade
04-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Hi and welcome! Lovely birds!