PDA

View Full Version : *The Fandangle*~~Macaw Style!

Turquoise
03-22-2014, 09:16 AM
It's been awhile since I put any update photos on here of my Red Beauty, Ruby Jewel. :th_heart:

She's becoming a real stunner and she is super sweet. Well she does have her moments now that she is 1 1/2 yrs old and beginning to get very independent. There are days now that she chooses not to come out to play on her perch and she is a sneaky one about those days. Our routine is for her to climb on her enclosure door and then on to my arm to come out. On days when she doesn't want to come out she will get on the door like usual and instead of climbing on my arm, she nips it. I tell her she is not a nice girls when she pulls these stunts and I swear she is grinning about the whole thing.

I took these photos last week and I love the fan tail shot. I just love the light turquoise like colors blended with the red in her tail feathers. :th_hug8:

"Oh Hi!" "Just practicing my 'Twirl'."
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

"Did someone say lunch is ready?"

"What IS that crazy little Pionus, Sierra jabbering about now?"

"Ha Ha!" "You can't reach me, Mom!"

"This is my 'I'm watching you like a Buzzard' look." "So drop dead already!"

Pinkbirdy
03-22-2014, 11:22 AM
Shes so pretty !!!!! thanks for the update

kendrafitz
03-22-2014, 12:31 PM
She is beautiful. Her face has the sweetest, smiley look. :)

Honesty
03-22-2014, 12:56 PM
Beautiful photo's De'Andrea. I love the first one with the tail feathers fanned out! Beautiful colours :)

Turquoise
03-22-2014, 09:04 PM
Thanks Terri, Kendra & Wendy she is a beauty. So different from the macaw boys. :)

Honesty
03-23-2014, 11:25 AM
They say Females have a better temperament that Males ?

Debra
03-23-2014, 01:18 PM
She is beautiful! I can see why she is your dream bird.

Maddy
03-24-2014, 03:20 AM
Ruby Jewel is absolutely gorgeous! :th_heart:

Turquoise
03-24-2014, 11:54 AM
Thanks Debra and Maddy!

Wendy, I couldn't tell you if female Green Wings have better personalities than males. Ruby Jewel is the only GW I have ever been around. But I do see differences in her personality compared to my Catalina boys. I feel it is more due to species of macaw rather than male verses female. I have never been around any other Catalinas tho, so I am basing my observation on my own opinion. :) Wished I had the answer, but I don't. :(

garden squirrel
03-24-2014, 10:47 PM
She is beautiful . A real stunning bird

Turquoise
03-29-2014, 04:17 AM
Thank you Dawn, I will pass your compliment of The Miss RJ being a real stunning bird on to her royal highness. :) I have some photos I took this evening of her outside. It was the first time outside since this crappy loooong cold winter set in. She loved it even tho the wind was blowing a good bit.

kendrafitz
03-29-2014, 01:04 PM
Please post them De!

Turquoise
03-30-2014, 06:14 AM
Awww Kendra, you mean you're not tired of seeing an almost mirror image of your Diva Rosie? :th_LOL: Me neither, can't get enough of these beauties!!

I will go get them uploaded in a little bit. :)

kendrafitz
03-30-2014, 11:56 AM
Nope, never!! Your Ruby Jewel has such a sweet look to her face. I just love pics of her.