PDA

View Full Version : A Flemish Giant rabbit, coming soon!

Mare
04-24-2013, 03:13 AM
In September, my son will be doing, " a quarter abroad" program, in Oaxaca, Mexico. He keeps a Flemish Giant in his room/house, at the moment, and has asked us to please watch him, Watson, for the three months while he is gone to Mexico. What could I say? Even though I never, ever thought I would want a rabbit and still don't, I will take Watson in like he was my baby grandson that will go back to his daddy in three months. My only issue with this is, I have four dogs and three cats that needed a home, "for just a few months", (from different kids), that have been here for five and more years! Help me Mama! Help me!!

keepsmiling
04-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Congrats and post pics! Great name!

Honesty
04-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Good luck with that Mare. I am pretty sure you will cope with one more to look after :)

roxynoodle
04-24-2013, 12:16 PM
You can do it, lol! Can't wait to see pics.

sonja
04-24-2013, 01:14 PM
I have a Flemish Giant. They are awesome! You may not WANT to give him back!

keepsmiling
04-24-2013, 02:12 PM
Hi Sonja, please start a thread in the welcome forum and introduce yourself!:th_welcome2:

aliray
04-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Hey Mare I agree you may end up in a custody battle when your son comes back. Rabbits make neat pets. Can't wait to find out what Amigo and Sassy think of this addition? Pics please

CrazyBirdLady
04-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Rabbits are awesome pets, I agree you may not want to give home back.

Mare
04-25-2013, 03:40 AM
Thanks guys! He is awfully cute and sweet, my son brought him home for a visit over Easter break. He is potty trained to use a litter box, thankfully. Here is a pic of him at 8wks. old, next to our long-haired doxie.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

My son named him after James Watson, a geneticist and co-discoverer of the structure of DNA. My son is majoring in genetics.

aliray
04-25-2013, 02:08 PM
If he is that big at 8 weeks .He is going to be bigger than the dog. A lot of people don't realize that rabbits are very easy to housetrain to use paper or a litterbox

Mare
05-26-2013, 08:42 PM
My son is home this week-end, with Watson who is now 4 and a half months old. Holy Moly! My sons room mate, she has had one of these, says he's only half grown!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

jtbirds
05-26-2013, 09:53 PM
Haha my father wants one in the worst way, but we keep declining him on it. I love there big ears and feet:p.

Mare
05-26-2013, 10:25 PM
He really is a sweety, a bit smelly but my son takes great care of him. I have so much going on, as it is, I just wouldn't want one full time. I see them sold on CL as food! Makes me want to go veggie!!

jtbirds
05-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Ehh cats, dogs, and birds are smelly so can't judge him for that I suppose:p, I've seen parrots sold to people for food before at an auction... Well the auction didn't know it but the people were talking about it.. I couldn't believe it I was so disgusted.