PDA

View Full Version : RIP Weasley

Maddy
04-23-2013, 06:55 PM
Weasley and Jacob are together again. They are happily flying through the Rainbow Bridge together.
She's gone. I don't understand or know why. All I know is that she is gone.
My heart is shattered in a million little pieces.

Without Weasley, I'm not totally sure I would be who I am now. If my first bird would have been a mean, stubborn bird, I'm not sure I would have wanted any more. But instead of that, I picked out the perfect one. I remember going to pick her out. It was July 30th 2010. I was going to choose a beautiful white one, but she looked puffy and sick. Instead, I chose one of the adorable blue zebra striped birds. I remember the car ride home with her, we all wanted to peek into the box to look at her. We ate at a drive thru because we couldn't go inside anywhere. I was so excited to get home. When we got home, my aunt and cousin (who were living with us at the time) were excited to see her too. We went into my bedroom to put her in her cage, and my mom picked her up out of the box. That's when I pet her head the first time. Then she was put in the cage. The cage was tiny, white and purple. It only had a swing and a mirror toy in it, but I wasn't the smartest when I first got her. Then of coarse we had to name her. That wasn't the easiest task. I had a list with a few names picked out, Percy, Ginny, Hedwig, Weasley, and one other I can't remember. I wanted to name her Hedwig, but my mom wasn't a fan of that name. My aunt thought Beasley would be good, but I hated that. So we went with Weasley, after Ronald Bilius Weasley, from Harry Potter. After that, I sang to her for a little while, and then put her to bed. The next morning I was not happy at all to have to go to church, I wanted to stay and sing to Weasley. But of coarse I had no choice but to go. I hardy paid any attention to what our Pastor had to say, all I wanted to do was go home. During the next couple weeks I sang to her and tamed her. We bonded and I would carry her around on my shoulder and let her play in my hair. She was such a sweetie. Even after I got three other budgies, one was her mate, she still stepped up and loved me.

On Sunday night, the night before she passed, she was not happy when I took the food dishes out of the budgie cage. She was jumping on the dishes when I took them out, and then she jump in the dish, so when I took it out she was sitting in it. My dad came in the room and took the food dish, I asked her to step up. She did, but she flew right back to the food dish. I finally got her back in the cage, then laughed and told her what a silly bird she was and that I loved her. Then I covered her and said goodnight. And that's the last memory I have of her living. The next time I saw her, she was lifeless. I was so shocked and heartbroken.

I still haven't gotten totally used to seeing only three birds in the budgie cage. I still looked sometimes and expected to see Jacob. Now it's down to two and it's not right. However, I do take some comfort in knowing that Weasley and Jacob are together again.

Weasley was my baby, my best friend, and my teacher. I'll never forget her love and the things she taught me. I will forever be a WeasleyLover.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

aliray
04-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Oh Maddy I am so sorry for the loss of your Weasley but she will be forever in your heart along with Jacob. Hugs to you

ShellyBorg
04-23-2013, 07:25 PM
She sounds like a sweet bird. I am sorry.

plax
04-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Maddy, I'm teared up over your story. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Weasley. I bid you my deepest condolences.

Honesty
04-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Maddy. I am so sorry! I know how much you loved Weasley. Sending hugs to you.:th_hug8:

roxynoodle
04-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Oh, Maddy I'm so sorry. I know how much you loved her. She and Jacob will be flying high and watching over you and the rest of the flock.

Pinkbirdy
04-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Oh Maddy Im so sorry , we know what you must be feeling and how much you loved Weasley :(

ConureCrazy
04-23-2013, 11:54 PM
Oh Maddy! :( I'm so sorry, I believe everyone knows what you're going through; you should have never had to feel that pain right now in the first place. :( Hugs! Can you do an autopsy, to figure out why she died? :(

Shellybean
04-24-2013, 01:56 AM
Awww I'm so sorry Maddy that you lost Weasley so unexpectedly. Condolences to you and your family. I know how hard it is to lose such a precious gem much too soon. :hugs:

Turquoise
04-24-2013, 08:53 AM
Sorry to hear about Wesley. She will be watching you & her flock from high above. She & Jacob will be waiting for you on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

keepsmiling
04-24-2013, 10:13 AM
So very heartbreaking, I am very sorry.. Fly free Weasley

Maddy
04-24-2013, 07:12 PM
Thank you so much everybody.

Antoinette
04-24-2013, 07:45 PM
I am in tears knowing what you are going through, I am so sorry for your loss Maddy
I wish we could "see" into Rainbow Heaven watching them all being so happy and healthy
:th_hug8:

Hobbit
04-24-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. Anyone who says that pets can't be REAL family,never lost a loved one.

We animal lovers,love our critters every bit as much as our human family..... In some cases,even more so.

Rest Peacefully Weasley.

94lt1
04-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Parrots make better friends than most people I know..