PDA

View Full Version : Codie throwing his toys!

Honesty
03-11-2014, 08:50 PM
I thought I would take a video of Codie in one of his bad moods. You can see him throwing his toys in temper! When he is like this, I know to steer well clear of him :(

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Maddy
03-11-2014, 09:51 PM
:th_hehe: Jester will do the same thing if he is in a bad mood! Anything you give him, he will fling across the room!

Debra
03-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Oh my! He was in a bad mood. Wasn't he? Lol

Honesty
03-11-2014, 10:09 PM
Yes, he has been like it all day :th_hehe:

spiritbird
03-12-2014, 12:26 AM
I can hear him saying "now go pick up my toys"

kendrafitz
03-12-2014, 12:37 AM
Oh no! He totally was waiting for a reaction from you!! Funny guy.

Pinkbirdy
03-12-2014, 12:58 AM
I see the devil in his eye!! I liked being able to really see him on video :)

Turquoise
03-12-2014, 09:25 AM
What a rotten little stinker!! He has the "Get Wendy" look in those eyes. LOL They can sure get mad in a hurry & be mad all day long.

My macaws will occasionally get that mad, but not so much. Miss Leyla Belle is the one with the temper in my flock. She will literally snatched something from your hands just to throw it as fast as she can out of sheer madness!

Honesty
03-12-2014, 05:34 PM
What a rotten little stinker!! He has the "Get Wendy" look in those eyes. LOL They can sure get mad in a hurry & be mad all day long.

My macaws will occasionally get that mad, but not so much. Miss Leyla Belle is the one with the temper in my flock. She will literally snatched something from your hands just to throw it as fast as she can out of sheer madness!Oh yes, he was out for my blood yesterday! :th_LOL:

Rita
04-01-2014, 01:29 AM
Hello Wendy,

It's the middle of the night right here, almost 03.30 O'Clock, but I found your Codie-video's and watched this one first.
Are you sure Codie has a bad temper here? I don't think so.
Alex, Maxi and Beertje love to throw toys or whatever to the floor. Not because of a bad temper, but because it's fun. They see it as a game.
I throw things back to them (of course carefully) and that's what they want.
To me it looks like Codie is waiting for you to throw the toy het throwed to the floor back to him. He wants to play this "throwing-game" with you Wendy!!!
When he waits and nothing is thrown back, he throws more things to the floor.
The fact that the response he would like to have is not comming might cause him a kind of a temper because that frustrates him.
Wendy, start throwing toys back to Codie the next time he doed this. I want to know all about how Codie responds to you and those toys then.

I need to go to bed now and try to watch more Codie-video's soon!

Greetings from the Netherlands,
Rita

Honesty
04-01-2014, 07:47 AM
Oh yes Rita, Codie was in an extremely bad mood in this video. This is how he expresses his temper! While he is in one of these moods I know not to go near him unless of course I am prepared to endure a nasty bite :(

If he is in a playful mood, he will throw a toy and then look at me with his head to the side as if to say...... well, are you playing.lol. I then throw it back to him and this is how we carry on until he gets bored :)

Wasabidactyle
04-01-2014, 12:11 PM
I thought I saw Codie stand up really tall there for a moment? Is this a sign of his bad mood? That a 100% sure sign that Wasabi is in an especially bad mood too. Not just his ornery self. The pinning eyes and hiss make it very clear. He would definitely strike. :rolleyes:

Honesty
04-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Yes Terri, if he stands up really tall, pins his eyes and fans that tail out then it means danger :( All the Amazon danger signs. lol.

Wasabidactyle
04-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Wasabi flares his tail every single time I talk to him. No kidding. Every single time. Also when he's patrolling the bottom of the cage, just in case there are monsters down there that need slaying.

Honesty
04-01-2014, 04:30 PM
:th_LOL:Terry, I know Wasabi has major anger issue and always has :( I can totally relate to the patrolling the bottom of his cage with his tail flared out! Codie does this every morning when I uncover him! Its almost as if he is saying to me.... Do not talk or touch me first thing in the morning if you know what's good for you :th_hehe: After about an hour he is fine though!

Mare
04-01-2014, 04:32 PM
The pinning of the eyes seems like a sure sign, to me. That totally creeps me out!:th_eek:
It's good to see Codie becoming less camera shy :)

Honesty
04-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Yes Mare, when Zons pin their eyes it can be quite scarey. They mean business when they do this :(

He is getting quite used to the camera and video now! I leave it out all the time and he has now adjusted to it being there :)