PDA

View Full Version : Itsy & Bitsy

spiritbird
03-05-2014, 10:54 PM
Bitsy and her yearling daughter have been eating corn I put down since we had the very deep snow. I am sure Itsy lost her baby because before the snow hit us she was one very pregnant deer and then when she showed up after the deep snow began melting she was not pregnant. Her daughter Bitsy is pretty independent but likes to travel with her Mom. Call me a crazy animal lover!!
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]=14

Itsy seems to be waiting for me in the afternoon to come out and feed her.

Honesty
03-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Aww, lovely pic Dianne. Poor Itsy losing her baby! That is so sad :(

spiritbird
03-05-2014, 11:42 PM
When the nutrition is poor like this winter season here many deer and other wildlife will abort babies. It is natures way of not having them starve.

Debra
03-06-2014, 12:53 AM
What a great video! They get so close to you. I'm so jealous. I wish I had wildlife come visit to me for a bite to eat. Mine are either birds or night visitors.

Maddy
03-06-2014, 05:18 AM
They are gorgeous!

Turquoise
03-12-2014, 09:44 AM
Awww so sweet and serene looking enjoying their corn together. At least Itsy still has her Bitsy to share life with. Thanks for taking care of them so well, you can see the appreciation in their eyes that they are so happy to have found you. :)

spiritbird
03-12-2014, 01:06 PM
They return to eat about the same time every day. As long as the woods are bare I will continue to feed them. I wish I could go out and say hello and brush their fur coat. About this time of year deer begin to grow the spring/summer coat that is a much brighter fawn color to blend in the woods.

Honesty
03-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Can you get near to them to take pics? or, do you have to take it from inside?

Mare
03-12-2014, 06:05 PM
Thanks for sharing, Dianne :). Did you see the PBS Nature program on the white tail deer? I record all of their programs and just got around to watching that one the other night. It's worth watching!

spiritbird
03-13-2014, 05:08 PM
Yes I saw that video and most of the other Nature offerings. Most of them just mesmerizer me. Wendy I must take the pics through the glass windows. One time I walked out back to put some corn down and they were there waiting. I stopped and talked a bit to her and she walked just into the woods a bit and waited. I am hoping they are protected from the hunters in killing season as they are inside of the deer fence on this property.