PDA

View Full Version : Valentino says "Hello" to the form

noblemacaw
03-03-2014, 06:19 AM
Hello Everyone,
Valentino is doing well. Even with my extended absence in December and January. He was a bit clingy and was screaming but I think he realizes that I am not going to go away anymore. Things have been pretty rough with going through the death of a almost 13 year relationship and still having to live with my Ex. Due to finances I had to find homes for my cat Julianna and my dog Mercedes. I delivered Julianna this weekend to my best friend who wanted to adopt her. She will have a nice home and I will be able to still see her when I visit. Mercedes will be placed with a Scottish Terrier rescue group this weekend. The house will not be the same without the furry ones. This is very hard for me to do but it is for the best for them. They deserve much better than I can provide for them.

So far I am working hard to keep my Valentino. However if it gets to the point that I will become homeless I will find him a home where he will be loved and taken care of well. I don't think it would be fair to subject Valentino to such instability as fostering him out and I not being able to be with him everyday. If it comes to that I will have to find him a nice home where he will be appreciated and loved. I pray every night I will be able to get though this very difficult time. Valentino is still very well cared for but if that was to change I would make sure he never suffers for it.

Sorry for posting a not very nice update of us. Hopefully an updated picture of Valentino will make up for it. He is talking so well now and will tell me "I love you" at the most appropriate times. He is the first parrot that has ever said that to me.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Honesty
03-03-2014, 08:44 AM
Hi Rebecca. It is lovely to see you :)

I am so sorry to hear you have had a rough few months. It must have been very hard for you to have to find homes for Julianna and Mercedes :(

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you are able to keep Valentino and that things start looking up for you now.

Valentino is still adorable :)

Sending hugs to you :th_hug8:

Pinkbirdy
03-03-2014, 12:26 PM
You can do this. Valentino loves you :)

Cami
03-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Rebecca, You note brings tears to my eyes.

I'm still going thru, hopefully the tail end of similar circumstances after the end of a 20 yr marriage. I swore that I'd do anything to keep us together and keep a roof over our heads, I owed my boys that.

Please try to find any peace and peace of mind you can, confide in true friends and know that you're making the best decisions for you and your fids greater good. Find solace in the love that Valentino offers you.

Blancaej
03-03-2014, 11:20 PM
Rebecca, I am sorry you had to give up Julianna & Mercedes. I know it was difficult but I commend you for doing what was best for them.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers that you can keep Valentino and find stability on your own.

Thanks for the update and great photos!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Mare
03-04-2014, 12:38 AM
:th_hug8: oh, Rebecca, we are all pulling for you and Valentino to make it through these rough times :th_hug8:

Maddy
03-04-2014, 12:55 AM
I'm so sorry you had to re home your furry babies. :th_hug8:

You'll be in my thought! :th_hug8:

PlaxMacaws
03-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Hi Rebecca... Valentino looks happy and so magnificently healthy! It's such a sweet thing that he tells you "I love you" :). Please hang in there... things will get better, I'm sure! Thanks so much for sharing and posting the photos! Don't be such a stranger around here :)

Turquoise
03-22-2014, 08:13 AM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] I too am sorry to hear about your rough time you are having Rebecca.

I have missed hearing about Valentino and you. I am very glad to hear he is doing great despite the upset to his and your life.:th_hug8: I will send Good Karma to you and Valentino that things will start getting better and you both can stay together. That is super sweet of Valentino to cheer you up with his words of love.

Hope you and Valentino can stop by more often. He is a gorgeous boy and I love seeing photos of him. :)