PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody! I'm new here.

Hobbit
04-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Hi to one and all! Hi Kara!!

My name is Beck (Rebecca), my husband and I are the very proud parents of a Quaker,named Hobbit! We've always been bird people,but life got in the way about 20 years ago,and haven't had a bird since then. A while ago,my sister,Kara (Mistywaterwoman on here),got two adorable little Lovebirds and that got me going! We NEEDED a bird again! After a great deal of thinking and searching,we came upon a breeder.Lots of Q&A later,we decided a Quaker was for us.

20 years ago we used to handfeed a lot of babies,some were ours,but many belonged to others,and we handfed their babies. We fed Cockatiels,Parakeets/Budgies,Conures,Macaws,Australian Parrakeets like Kakarikis,Bourkes,etc. Lovebirds,Amazons,and an Umbrella Cockatoo.

My dream birds are: Rose Breast Cockatoo/Galah, Hyacinth Macaw,and a Black Palm Cockatoo. Never had them,but maybe one day.......!

My husband and I do not have human kids. But we are OWNED by lots of critter kids! We have 2 Dogs, 1 Rabbit, 2 Guinea Pigs, 3 Chinchillas, 6 lizards, and now a Quaker! we could open our own zoo!

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, and your birds Of Course!

aliray
04-22-2013, 08:24 PM
Hi Beck and welcome to the forum. Aren't Quakers fun birds? Would love to see photos of all your fids and your scaley little friends

Honesty
04-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Hello Beck and :pp_welcome:Look forward to seeing some pics:)

roxynoodle
04-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Hello, Beck, and welcome to the forum!

Hobbit
04-22-2013, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome! Pics coming soon! Just ask my baby sister Kara/ Mistywaterwoman, I am slow about getting pictures posted. :P

Wendy K.
04-22-2013, 10:08 PM
:th_welcomesign: Hello Beck!! It is very nice to "meet" you. :) I am thoroughly
looking forward to hearing of your adventures with Hobbit. BUT, I'm also
looking forward to hearing more about your dogs, rabbit, chins, guinea pigs and
lizards. :)

mistywaterwoman
04-22-2013, 11:43 PM
Hey, Beck!! Glad you joined. It's a pretty forum. :)

She's SUPER slow on pics, you guys. I am still waiting for my Hobbit pic!!! :P

Hobbit
04-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Oh puhleeze! Kara stop being a bratty baby sister.... You have Hobbit pictures! :D

I will post pics....Be patient,I'm an old gal!

Rusty
04-24-2013, 01:31 AM
Hi I'm new, too! I LOVE the name Hobbit! Fantastic all-around! If you find the time, you should share the names of all your other pets too! (What an insane range!)
Have fun!
<3 Rusty

keepsmiling
04-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum!:th_welcomesign:

Hobbit
04-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Oh boy,Rusty,listing the names of ALL our kids will take a while....! ;)

Dogs first, we have 2 litter mate Cairn Terriers:brothers Spencer & Stewart.

The 3 Chinchillas,all males: Chazz, Duncan and Wally.

The Rabbit, Beatrice Hazel.

The 2 Guinea Pigs, males, Sherlock and Nigel.

And now for the Lizards: 2 Bearded Dragons,Athena and Angus(Gus). 1 Male Mali Uromastyx,Sebastian(Moose). 1 Male Crested Gecko,Daxx.

And 2 Chinese Water Dragons,Oliver and Livia.

We do not breed any of them,and most are rescues. I will post pictures of everybody.....We have a lot going on right now,so please be patient.

Blackhawk007
04-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Welcome back! It's great to have another zoo in the community.

Brodie
04-24-2013, 02:50 PM
I also run my own private zoo in my house ;) haha
Reptiles, dogs, cats, birds, fish ect lol
We will get along just fine :D
Welcome!!

Hobbit
04-24-2013, 09:17 PM
I listed my zoo,Brodie,now it's your turn!

I forget to add our two Hermit Crabs Big Thor and Bermit.

Brodie
04-25-2013, 03:16 AM
Haha oh gosh-
2 have two kittens, Charlie and Jedda, and a cat Akira.
I did have another before the kittens, Dakota. She was my world, my baby. Then she passed away unexpectedly while I was at work about a month and a bit ago, I'm still heart broken.. We did everything together :(

4 bearded dragons- penny, Leonard, spike, and the other never acquired a name lol..
An APBT, Floyd, his the best dog everrr <3 a
2 Ducklings, they don't really have names either lol.
A Simpson python, Stimmy :p
My Female Eclectus, Scarlet. My best friend <3
A Male cockatiel, Ticka.
3 no named budgies.
Some non named tropical fish (there is too many to name lol)
An my Flinders Range scorpion, Scorpz :p
My house is crazy. But believe it or not everything fits well together and it's not as chaos as it sounds. I wouldn't have it any other way, my own little zoo :)
A few pics-
The ducklings-
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
Me and my big boy Floyd <3
Charlie-
I love this picture, it's Dakota, Scarlet and Floyd hangin out, they were all best friends :) as close as it got of course lol.

Copper
04-25-2013, 04:33 AM
Welcome to the forum Beck, I also have a zoo, although smaller than yours ;)

I have 3 ball pythons and one corn snake, a Maltese papillion mix dog named(my dog), cocker spaniel, terrier chihuahua mix, Rosie the galah cockatoo, Kenji the African gray, a few fish. My sister also has 2 guinea pigs but I don't see them all that much.

Here's my snakeys. They live in a snake rack which I prefer, I find the security is much higher. Escape proof, something that is a must. I'm sorry to say, my birdies mean more to me than my snakes. I LOVE my snakes, but they are cherished pets while Rosie and Kenji are family ;)

Alucard the cinnamon ball python

Danearys the pastel ball python

Agro the spider ball python

Anery corn snake named Lothlorien

Hobbit
04-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Ashley, I want to bird-nap your Galah!!!! I have been wanting one for over 25 years!!!! I'm getting older....But *maybe* I still have time to make my dream come true! I love snakes,I just don't want to feed them the small rodents they need....I like small rodents! Your snakes are gorgeous!

Brodie, LOVE your pictures! I have a softspot for ducklings!

Mirlito
04-25-2013, 05:21 PM
Hello and greetings from the sunny Costa del Sol!

Hobbit
04-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Thank you! I have never been to Spain,but I hear that the Costa del Sol is BEAUTIFUL!!

mistywaterwoman
04-26-2013, 04:29 PM
I can post the two pics of Hobbit that I have for you.

This one is from the breeder, a couple days before he came home:
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

And this one Beck took a couple days ago, he's playing with his Dumbo sleeping buddy. <3
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Mirlito
04-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Thank you! I have never been to Spain,but I hear that the Costa del Sol is BEAUTIFUL!!

Thanks, I moved here almost a year ago from Scotland. You can see my photos here in the off topic section.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]!