PDA

View Full Version : not exactly new

jules
02-22-2014, 08:33 PM
it feels like i've been away forever, yet it's only a few weeks. hope everyone had a good christmas and new year. ours was quiet but not a bad one :)

just into the new year i picked up a very nasty virus, which felt like flu. it could well have been, my doctor said but then i had a chest infection afterwards. it's taken me 4 weeks to feel like i'm back to normal. to-ing and fro-ing from the doctors and hospital for blood tests. at least my doctor was being thorough, and now they think i'm diabetic, so got to wait for the results and see. got to have a bone density scan in march, then an appointment with a consultant at the hospital. christmas seems a long time ago now, and i missed almost the whole of January. :(

i'm looking forward to some good weather so i can sit outside with jasper :)

Honesty
02-22-2014, 08:44 PM
Welcome back Julie :)

Wow! You certainly have had a rough couple of months! Sorry to hear this :(

I think we deserve some good weather after all we have endured this winter :(

kendrafitz
02-22-2014, 09:05 PM
Welcome back! I'm sorry you had such a hard couple of months.

Cheers to good weather!!

jules
02-22-2014, 10:53 PM
i'm feeling loads better thanks. good to be back to normal. i'll try and pop in more often. the forums doing great isn't it? a lovely place to be :th_heart:

Maddy
02-23-2014, 06:48 AM
Welcome back, Julie! I'm glad you're feeling better! (:

Turquoise
02-25-2014, 06:00 AM
Hi Julie & Jasper. :th_greet13: I sure hope all your tests come back good and you get back to feeling super again. It's never easy to be sick and recuperate, especially when you have a 2 yr old with wings & a beak wanting you to be the perky happy flock member he enjoys hanging out with. We've missed hearing form you and hearing what Jasper has been up to. :pinkgrin:

jules
03-10-2014, 11:05 PM
aww thanks. we're back now and will post more often :)

going for this scan on wednesday. not looking forward to it x

spiritbird
03-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Sunshine plays a healthy role for us humans as well as our birds. Nice to have you back and feeling better.

jules
03-25-2014, 09:08 PM
thankyou dianne. i went for my bone scan and it wasn't so bad after all, i was out in 30 mins, so i went to see my mum before going home. so i had quite an enjoyable day :goodjob: