PDA

View Full Version : Problems loading page

Debra
02-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Using my iPad today and I have found that PP pages are loading slowly or not loading at all. Does this have something to do with my iPad or is it the server as the message I'm getting says? I can load other sites just fine.

Honesty
02-19-2014, 05:59 PM
I have been having the same problem Deb :( The whole forum froze on me for about half an hour :( I have let Tony know. It may just have been a blip!

Debra
02-19-2014, 06:02 PM
Glad to know it's not just me!

Honesty
02-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Hopefully it has righted itself now! Are you still having problems?

plax
02-19-2014, 06:23 PM
The data center where our server is hosted apparently experienced some sort of network glitch. Sometimes a router in their network goes out and requires a reset or replacement... and sometimes they have power lapses that may affect various network components. If it continues to happen I will submit a trouble ticket to the DC.

Debra
02-19-2014, 06:44 PM
It seems to be working better now.

Maddy
02-19-2014, 06:51 PM
It was like that earlier for me as well. But it seems to be working better now!

Turquoise
02-20-2014, 06:38 AM
My internet has still been a total nightmare, so every site I load either gives me the "problem loading page" or it takes forever. But, that is just a way of life with my internet, although this winter it has been even more unstable. :(

My biggest problem this past time off has been not being able to upload any of my photos to my imageshack account. It will load about halfway and even get to 97%, then all of a sudden it goes back to 0% and begins again. I let it do that to see if it would finally load my photo, but it did the same thing again and that was the third time. This has been three days straight each time I try to upload, so not thinking that is all because of my internet connection. I tried to upload Sierra's photos to my FB group page two nights in a row and it won't finish loading. So for now I will not be posting any new photos like I wanted to.

Macaw Lover
02-20-2014, 02:34 PM
For the last couple of days I too was getting that message "problem loading page" on a heck of a lot of other sites on my favorite list, but for this one I would get a message that the Malware protection thought it was a dangerous site and would not even try getting in. This morning I still had a few issues loading some sites but could get on to other places, and look - I actually got on here!!!!!!

Modern technology does have it's down falls.

plax
02-20-2014, 03:27 PM
For the last couple of days I too was getting that message "problem loading page" on a heck of a lot of other sites on my favorite list, but for this one I would get a message that the Malware protection thought it was a dangerous site and would not even try getting in. This morning I still had a few issues loading some sites but could get on to other places, and look - I actually got on here!!!!!!

Modern technology does have it's down falls.Hi Renee'... Are you by chance using McAfee Antivirus software, and is that from where the malware protection message originated? And if not, which AV software are you using?

Macaw Lover
02-20-2014, 04:11 PM
No, I use AVG andMalwarbytes

plax
02-20-2014, 04:25 PM
No, I use AVG andMalwarbytesIt must be AVG then. The malware alerts are false positives. This website is entirely safe. Thanks Renee'

Macaw Lover
02-20-2014, 04:37 PM
That is what I figured (safe) and it's not like I go to x-rated sites where I could understand it kicking into action to stop me from going to a potentially bad site to pick up something from. It did seem strange that was the only site it totally stopped me from going to.

Honesty
02-20-2014, 04:46 PM
I used to have AVG and it was always fine when I had windows 7 and vista, but once I bought a new computer which is windows 8, I started getting all sorts of strange warnings coming up, so I uninstalled AVG. I now have Malwarebytes and Bullguard. So far, I have had no problems :)

plax
02-20-2014, 05:04 PM
That is what I figured (safe) and it's not like I go to x-rated sites where I could understand it kicking into action to stop me from going to a potentially bad site to pick up something from. It did seem strange that was the only site it totally stopped me from going to.So the alert just appeared once or twice and then never showed up again?

Turquoise
02-28-2014, 07:17 AM
Earlier, maybe a couple of hours ago I had a strange window pop up when I was in Debra's thread in the quaker section. I clicked the like on her post and this window with all kinds of unreadable writing stuff like you get with a notice of mailer failure comes up in your emails. The type of programming like writing and symbols. It had an ok to click to make the window go away and I clicked it so I could continue to comment.

Once I clicked post on my comment it kicked it into the page of 500 server error. I tried several times to reload the site and it kept giving me that page. I cleared my cookies for this site and tried again. It still gave me the same error page and I went to my laptop to see if I could get in. It took forever to load Firefox, something that is normal out here. I had to close the laptop down and reboot to get Firefox to start. While I was waiting for the laptop to get online and between making bird toys I got this computer to try to load the forum, but it kept giving me the can't load page. At least the 500 error page was gone. I shut this computer down & rebooted it. Went back to load this site and finally it came up!! My laptop loaded the site fine once it got online. No error pages or can't load page with it.

Don't know if I did something wrong, my internet went wonky on me or there was just a coincidental glitch at the same time I was on. :( Anyway, thought I would report my error page to you in case it should bother anyone else and was not isolated to my screwy internet life. :)

plax
03-12-2014, 12:59 AM
Don't know if I did something wrong, my internet went wonky on me or there was just a coincidental glitch at the same time I was on. :( Anyway, thought I would report my error page to you in case it should bother anyone else and was not isolated to my screwy internet life. :)I don't know, De'Andrea. I've looked through my notes for February 27 and I don't see any indication of failures or lapses. But then they can happen at any time and may only be noticed by one or two people if they're short-lived enough.

Turquoise
03-12-2014, 06:37 AM
Thanks Tony, it hasn't come up with that error since. So I'm thinking my internet was in a bad mood and just did not want to listen to one more parrot post! :)

plax
03-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Thanks Tony, it hasn't come up with that error since. So I'm thinking my internet was in a bad mood and just did not want to listen to one more parrot post! :)Well, status code 500 indicates that it probably wasn't to do with your connection. Below is a condensed list of server status codes.

HTTP Status Codes
CODE INDICATION
2xx Success
200 OK - the request was fulfilled.
201 OK - following a POST command.
202 OK - accepted for processing, but processing is not completed.
203 OK - partial information--the returned information is only partial.
204 OK - no response--request received but no information exists to send back.
3xx Redirection
301 Moved - the data requested has a new location and the change is permanent.
302 Found - the data requested has a different URL temporarily.
303 Method - under discussion, a suggestion for the client to try another location.
304 Not Modified - the document has not been modified as expected.
4xx Error seems to be in the client
400 Bad request - syntax problem in the request or it could not be satisfied.
401 Unauthorized - the client is not authorized to access data.
402 Payment required - indicates a charging scheme is in effect.
403 Forbidden - access not required even with authorization.
404 Not found - server could not find the given resource.
5xx Error seems to be in the server
500 Internal Error - the server could not fulfill the request because of an unexpected condition.
501 Not implemented - the sever does not support the facility requested.
502 Server overloaded - high load (or servicing) in progress.
503 Gateway timeout - server waited for another service that did not complete in time.

We may never know what caused that particular issue.

Turquoise
03-13-2014, 03:56 AM
It was the 500 Internal Server Error that came up. It is still on my recently & most visited sites popup thingy at the top of my tool bar. Anyway, no problems since and why it did it only on my main computer & not my laptop I have no idea. Thanks for all the info on it Tony, If it happens again I won't worry that I did something crazy to my computer. I'll just wait til it rights itself on the site. :)

plax
03-13-2014, 05:28 AM
No problem. And you're welcome, De'Andrea.