PDA

View Full Version : What size cage is your CAG in?

ShellyBorg
02-10-2014, 02:29 AM
I know bigger is always better in most birds. I also know that is not always true for Greys. Spirit HATES bigger cages and will not move into one bigger than he has. ( Its a good size one for a TAG but I would love to see him move up a size just because.) I am having to move fast to find a cage for Boomer because of his falling apart when moving it and with my money issues as it is I am looking on Craigslist. I have seen all the min size ranges for CAG but would love to have some owner input!

Pinkbirdy
02-10-2014, 02:45 AM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] This cage I got for my Rb2 [and I love it!!} My grey came with a bigger cage but this would work fine . Im always more interested in the width of a cage than anything else.

ShellyBorg
02-10-2014, 02:46 AM
link was broken. :(

Pinkbirdy
02-10-2014, 02:49 AM
Im sorry I don't know what happened . Its 32 width by 66 . Anything at least 30 inches wide

ShadowandDawkins
03-02-2014, 03:55 PM
36''Hx28''W. its 60'' high, but a foot of that is top and bottom. I'm looking for an upgrade though. I thought about switching his and the vasas cage. The vasa is in a 48x36x78 but hes not as active as ShadowCAG)I just can't get shadow to hold still long enough to make sure his head cant fit through the bars... I am (not too activly though) looking for an upgrade for Shadow. If I can find something used thats about the size of the vasas cage Ill get it. Preferably with slightly smaller bar spacing-- not that I think Shadows head will fit through the larger cage bars.

He would use every inch of a 4'x3'x7' cage, but I will say he is happy, healthy and active in the 3'x2.5'x5' cage so I think thats probably a good minimun to look for for a grey.

Honesty
03-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Codie is just slightly bigger than a CAG and the cage I have him in is 40" wide X 30" deep X 6ft high.

This is his cage...

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Robin
03-08-2014, 12:15 AM
Shiloh my CAG is in a Macaw size cage and he uses every inch of it, inside and out. 36 x 48

Turquoise
03-08-2014, 03:51 AM
I like the way you think Robin on cages! :th_biggrin: My Solomon Island Eclectus Leyla Belle is in a macaw size cage too. I gave her the Catalina boy's cage they never used since I put them in the dog kennel the first day home. She loves her mansion and uses every inch. She protects every inch with the accuracy of a pit viper striking out lightening quick should anyone feathered or non dare enter her domain. :th_shocked3: