PDA

View Full Version : Oven cleaner

Debra
02-09-2014, 11:14 PM
Not sure if this is the place to put this or if it should be in "Off Topic", but I dropped a pan of chicken in my oven and now I've got chicken grease all over it. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can clean this without hurting my birds?

ShellyBorg
02-10-2014, 12:35 AM
I use a paste out of baking soda and peroxide to clean baked in mess. I would start with just wiping it out with water and dish soap then scrub it with the paste to get it sparkling! Works great 100%safe.

Pinkbirdy
02-10-2014, 12:56 AM
Dave made ribs in the oven one time [it was a disaster!!] . All I knew to use was vinegar[and it worked}

Debra
02-10-2014, 03:36 PM
My daughter suggested using a Dawn dishsoap/baking soda paste. She said to paint it on and let it set several hours/overnight, then just wipe it out and turn the oven on to 250 for about 10 minutes. I've got it soaking now. We shall see how it works. Surely it will at least get the top layer off.

I've been told that heated vinegar is bad for birds and to never heat it up in the microwave. Not sure if this is true or not, but I'm careful about heating it.