PDA

View Full Version : Why Do Male Budgies Talk Better than Females?

spiritbird
02-08-2014, 10:44 PM
Perhaps some of you have heard a female budgie talk. Please tell us about that if you have. I read in a budgie book that the males talk more prolifically because in the budgie world the males songs are part of what will attract a female. So you take our companion birds who are exposed to us talking will also impress the female with his words. Do you agree?

:budgie:

Anne & Gang
02-09-2014, 12:32 PM
yes it is for mating purposes...generally speaking female budgies rarely talk...and female tiels rarely talk either...however, we have a female tiel who did not read the manual..she beak raps, does heart wings..and talks a mean streak!!

Honesty
02-09-2014, 01:08 PM
LOL, some people would say this is very rare for a female not to talk much :th_hehe:

Debra
02-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Anne -- I remember when Sam was first confirmed to be female. What a shock to us all!

Wiki
04-11-2014, 11:05 PM
Have heard females talking, but yes - the reasons are said to be plagiarism of the best songs gets you a better mate.

Turquoise
04-23-2014, 04:05 AM
I've had many parakeets in my many years from childhood to now. I have only had two that talked and both were males. One was the sweetest, friendliest budgie in the world and I adored that little bird. The other one was never friendly, but loved to talk. I've never heard a female budgie talk and the female Cockatiels I have had in my earlier life never talked either.

Honesty
04-23-2014, 07:30 AM
It must be a male thing :)