PDA

View Full Version : Playing With Toys and Being Vocal

Maddy
02-04-2014, 07:53 PM
I've had my Peatree, my 5 year old Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, for 3 years. She's never been very playful when it comes to toys. She will nibble on some finger traps now and then, but that's about it.

The past few weeks, it has been different. She totally destroyed two of her toys, one finger trap toy, and one wooded/treat toy. She has also been nibbling on her bigger wooden toy that she hasn't really touched before.

She has also been more vocal lately. She contact calls for me when I leave the room, and when she is with me she talks up a storm! I've never heard her talk this much! When we watch Netflix she also talks to the characters of my show. It's so cute!

I'm not sure why she's suddenly doing this, but I'm proud of her! (:

Yay Peatree!

Honesty
02-04-2014, 09:27 PM
That's great Maddy :) You must be very pleased that she has started to play with her toys. Now she has given them a go, she has probably thought to herself ... hey, this is fun, I should have tried it long ago :th_hehe:

Pinkbirdy
02-05-2014, 01:27 AM
Cool Maddy ,shes growing up on you :)

Maddy
02-05-2014, 07:29 AM
I am so happy that she's playing more! It makes me so happy to watch her have fun! :th_biggrin:

spiritbird
02-05-2014, 02:11 PM
You are a wonderful guardian for your flock. Can you get videos?

Maddy
02-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Thank you, Dianne! :) Yes, next time I catch her playing or doing something cute I'll try to get it on video! (:

Minamommy
04-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Yay peatree! The only move Mina will watch and not go ballistic over is Rio. Hahaha. See what peatree thinks of Rio.