PDA

View Full Version : My Louie

Pinkbirdy
02-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Thought Id shave what its like to own my Lorrie . Louie was at a bird store [that I was at all the time ] waiting for my Caique to wean.He had been their a year .The store would use him at school demonstrations. Dave really liked him [but of course hes my bird now.Louie is very smart .He talks in phrases very fast ,can escape from his cage ,likes puzzle toys and is quite the show off. He plays on his back and will have one foot toy in his mouth and 2 more in his "hands" [hes a riot] .Seems to like love us all [will stick his tongue in you ear]. His downfalls ,he has to be taken out by himself . He will fly and attack the other birds . Though he is ok with the caiques visiting him when their out . Im amazed at all the species of them . I almost got a "perfect Lorry" once [so cute].[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

spiritbird
02-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Terri Louie is super gorgeous. He would be a good one to save feathers from and then donate.

Honesty
02-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Wow! Louie is adorable. What beautiful colours!

Pinkbirdy
02-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Do you need feathers?

Maddy
02-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Louie is gorgeous!! I love his colors! :th_heart:

Turquoise
02-03-2014, 01:46 AM
Louie is very beautiful!! I love the streaks of color in him. :th_heart:

I am glad you have shared with us what Lories are like. I have only seen them in person once when we went to the San Antonio Zoo where they had a large aviary we could walk in with lots of different species of smaller parrots such as Lories and Lorikeets all over the place. it was awesome to have all these little noisy birds flitting all about. :th_biggrin:

jtbirds
06-09-2014, 12:45 PM
Always loved lories! I haven't seen many come through rescues.. I'm assuming most people don't get them or those that do, do decent with them.

Pinkbirdy
06-09-2014, 08:43 PM
I don't know if their hard to get? Their a messy bird ,but very smart and entertaining :)

Lady
03-01-2015, 12:45 AM
Terri, your Louie is beautiful~ Wow, he sounds like a wonderful species to have in your family!

Pinkbirdy
03-01-2015, 01:32 AM
Thanks , I have a Chattering Lory too. They are very smart entertaining birds, Im surprised at how well they can talk.

kendrafitz
03-01-2015, 01:25 PM
I think lories are beautiful. I was amazed at how smart, friendly and social the one I interacted with was. He was a black lorie and melted my heart.

I am not all that familiar with lorie types. What is the difference bt a lorie and a chattering lorie?

Pinkbirdy
03-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Black lories are rare . Louie is a yellow streaked lory. Their are many different sizes of lorries. My chattering Percy is way bigger than Louie. Both smart like cockatoos can break out of everything,dismantle toys , repeat what you say , .play like Caiques ,like all the family members. Very smart birds :) . This is Percy , I was getting new toys and she kept talking to me . They said "Do you want to see her?"Of course I loved her [shes quite the beggar]. Shes a good size bigger than the Black Lory. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

kendrafitz
03-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Oh wow! Beautiful!! Lories sound like an awesome choice.

Funny, I had no idea he was rare. He wanted to hang out with me and gave me a hard time about going back to his buddies. :)

Lady
03-01-2015, 10:32 PM
:joyous: Percy is quite handsome. The colors he has are awesome. They sound like the perfect family bird companion!

jtbirds
03-02-2015, 11:10 PM
I have a duvyenbodes Lorie and as terri said they are great talkers so smart and wonderful to interact with!

Abby
04-09-2015, 05:46 PM
I fostered a Yellow-Streaked Lory once. She was incredible, such a character. I gave her the name Phoebe and I loved her, we had a grand time but BOY was she a handful! She's in a happy home now.