PDA

View Full Version : Danny Boy update

ShellyBorg
02-01-2014, 07:24 AM
Well after months of working with her (she was surgically sexed :)) and seeing a huge with draw back and major advances lost after getting my macaw, I made a hard choice that has worked out wonderfully. She has gone to live with a 14 year old latch key kid who I have known all of his life. He has worked with me and my birds for 2 years and has had teils for at least 6 years before his mom sold them off. He is now living with his Dad full time and he is "fostering" Danny who he now calls JoJo. I have a written contract with him and Dad (who is my best friend) that JoJo is my bird and they are no more then fosters. If he ever needs to have JoJo rehomed she comes back to me. This way when he goes to school I can keep her safe and sound till he gets better settled and can take her back.

In the month she has been over there she is a different bird. huge talker and a master food swiper. LOL She yells his name as the teen comes home and he has some one happy to see him and is not coming home to a empty house. They hang out all the time and she is eating even better then when she was here. The teen is eating better also as he is worried about her eating junk and has started to make better food choices so she can eat with him.

spiritbird
02-01-2014, 01:51 PM
I am glad things are working out for everyone.

Debra
02-01-2014, 02:09 PM
That sounds like you've made a wise decision. I'm glad to see that she's happy and that you've got the assurance she won't be bounced from home to home.

Honesty
02-01-2014, 03:39 PM
I am glad all has worked out with her :)

Turquoise
02-01-2014, 11:32 PM
A wonderful thing you have done for both. :) Danny (maybe Danni now) is a very special girl to have you both taking care of & worrying about her. It sounds like the two were meant to be together.

Maddy
02-01-2014, 11:38 PM
I'm glad everything is working out! (: