PDA

View Full Version : Codie's new resting place!

Honesty
01-30-2014, 09:15 PM
For the last year, Codie has either been on his playstand during the day, or he sits under my computer chair on the rungs. Over the last week or so, he has decided he no longer likes these 2 places :( His new resting place is the stool in the kitchen, which is where he stays for hours :th_eek: I have tried bringing the stool in here with me, but no, this is not good enough, he wants to be in the kitchen :th_LOL:He must have thought it was time for a change. lol.

Here are a couple of pics....

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Mare
01-30-2014, 09:23 PM
Where are the holes from missing chunks? This is what I am curious about! Amazons are NOTHING like cockatoos, I am now convinced! :)

Honesty
01-30-2014, 09:33 PM
Now this is the strange thing Mare, he doesn't chew the seat, he just sits there watching the world go by! Amazons are not quite as bad as cockatoo's on chewing, but Codie did destroy my favourite flip flops last summer :(

Mare
01-30-2014, 09:40 PM
Flip flops? Pffft..light weight destruction! I want to hear your story about the time he ate half of the antique dresser that had been passed down for generations!
Seriously, Wendy, I'm happy for you!:).

Honesty
01-30-2014, 09:52 PM
Flip flops? Pffft..light weight destruction! I want to hear your story about the time he ate half of the antique dresser that had been passed down for generations!
Seriously, Wendy, I'm happy for you!:).LOL, they were my favourite flipflops :th_hehe: I can honestly say Codie has never chewed my furniture, the worst he has ever done as far as I can remember is destroy a silk flower arrangement on my dining table. He is a good boy really :)

coltfire
01-31-2014, 01:16 AM
I live in a house ,with cedar walls ,roof ,and skirtings and a lot of antique wooden furniture ,if I dont keep an eye on all that are out then I end up with the wood putty fixing chew marks and missing chunks.

Pinkbirdy
01-31-2014, 02:00 AM
Wendy ,hes so cute !! Id be intrigued to watch and see what he was up to :) [Mare ,Pearl got my homemade mantle good ] Didn't want you to feel left out.

Mare
01-31-2014, 02:48 AM
The destruction from my bird came from an escape when I wasn't home. Since this time, locks had been moved into place. No worries, Terri :)

kendrafitz
01-31-2014, 05:35 AM
He is adorable! He looks so happy.

I think it is amazing that he hangs out and doesn't destroy things. Rosie destroys EVERYTHING she can get her beak on. It's insane! I am very jealous. :)

Honesty
01-31-2014, 08:20 AM
He is adorable! He looks so happy.Thanks Kendra :)

I think it is amazing that he hangs out and doesn't destroy things. Rosie destroys EVERYTHING she can get her beak on. It's insane! I am very jealous. :)Yes, I think I am pretty lucky that Codie does not destroy things in the house. He makes mincemeat of all his toys though. The strange this is, while he is on his stool, he is not interested in toys, he would rather just sit there and chill :)

Wendy ,hes so cute !! Id be intrigued to watch and see what he was up to :) [Mare ,Pearl got my homemade mantle good ] Didn't want you to feel left out.Thanks Terri :)

I go out there every 10 minutes or so to see what he is up too and he is just sitting there. When he sees me, he just looks at me and says "Hello" :th_LOL:

Maddy
01-31-2014, 08:26 AM
Codie looks very happy on his stool! :th_biggrin:

Honesty
01-31-2014, 08:27 AM
Thanks Maddy :)

Blancaej
01-31-2014, 12:48 PM
Codie is just adorable!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Minamommy
01-31-2014, 01:20 PM
My gosh he is so perfect. What a good boy!! Is he real? Do you do training? Lol. Yes Mina has half her door frame chewed off now. A bar stool yumo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honesty
01-31-2014, 01:23 PM
My gosh he is so perfect. What a good boy!! Is he real? Do you do training? Lol. Yes Mina has half her door frame chewed off now. A bar stool yumo

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLOL Kim, Yes he is a good boy. I don't do any training with him. While he is on his stool, he just likes to chill out :)

Minamommy
01-31-2014, 01:26 PM
Wendy you are so lucky. Codie is one mello yellow crowned amazon. 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honesty
01-31-2014, 01:51 PM
He looks very mellow, but believe me he has his moments. He can go from that sweet little angel who you see chilling on the stool to a lion with wings. lol. I have encountered many bites from him. Some days he wakes up in a bad mood and I just know to steer clear :( If he is in a bad mood like this, then I just have to leave him alone in his cage until he calms down. Sometimes, he is so bad, he actually throws himself at the cage door trying to get at me! He is quite scarey when he is in a mood like this :(

Pinkbirdy
02-01-2014, 03:04 AM
He looks very mellow, but believe me he has his moments. He can go from that sweet little angel who you see chilling on the stool to a lion with wings. lol. I have encountered many bites from him. Some days he wakes up in a bad mood and I just know to steer clear :( If he is in a bad mood like this, then I just have to leave him alone in his cage until he calms down. Sometimes, he is so bad, he actually throws himself at the cage door trying to get at me! He is quite scarey when he is in a mood like this :( It almost shows us how human like they are [we don't expect them to have different moods like us :)] I don't push anything with mine either and we get along great.

Turquoise
02-01-2014, 05:57 AM
Now that is just the cutest thing I think I've read a bird will do~~just chill on a bar stool!

Perhaps he was a frequent patron of a Pub in his former life? (I believe in reincarnation) Perhaps he is having Deja Vu and the bar stool brings back the fun he had chillin' while he threw a brew or two back. :th_imok::giggle:

My macaws will stop at nothing to get at anything within reach to destroy. Roscoe & Ruby Jewel have giraffe necks and their reach from their play perches keeps improving!! Roscoe & Angel have chewed holes in the wall behind them & their enclosures. Luckily it is the wall I will be taking out when I finally find room for all the stuff that wouldn't fit in my new bedroom or i didn't want in there. I guess I should push the enclosures back close & let them do most of the work. :th_hehe:

Honesty
02-01-2014, 12:54 PM
Now that is just the cutest thing I think I've read a bird will do~~just chill on a bar stool! LOL, yes he loves his chill out time :) He seems to have a big obsession with that certain stool. I have 4 others out there, but they are not good enough, it just has to be that particular one :th_hehe: If someone is sitting on it, he will just look up at them as if to say... Get off my stool!! As soon as they get up, he is on :th_loltears:

My macaws will stop at nothing to get at anything within reach to destroy. Roscoe & Ruby Jewel have giraffe necks and their reach from their play perches keeps improving!! Roscoe & Angel have chewed holes in the wall behind them & their enclosures.Sounds like you need walls made of steel De'Andrea :th_LOL: