PDA

View Full Version : Strong raccoons

Debra
01-25-2014, 01:07 AM
I must have some very strong raccoons around here. I keep my wild bird seed in a metal galvanized trash can with a lid. First the coons figured out that there was seed in that bin and how to take the lid off. So, thinking we would outsmart this coon we put a brake rotor on it. That thing is heavy! We figured we were safe. Then, the other night we heard a loud crash on our porch! Jerry got up to investigate and when he opened the door there was that coon inside the can happily eating bird seed! I knew they were crafty, but really? Looks like I'm going to have to invest in a different container to store this bird seed. The birds alone go through 60 pounds in a month. How much seed would I go through feeding the coons too? Wow!

spiritbird
01-25-2014, 03:15 AM
I can just hear them calling all raccoons come eat the seed.

Turquoise
01-25-2014, 04:19 AM
:funny: Oh I so wished you had gotten photos of that raccoon getting caught with its grubby paws in the bird seed! LOL

Those darn critters are as crafty as any parrot ever thought of being. Let us know what you come up with to outsmart them the next time. :th_pinklol2:

Maddy
01-25-2014, 05:52 AM
They are crafty little critters! :th_hehe:

Blancaej
01-25-2014, 01:25 PM
I'm tellin ya, you could write a book. Lol!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Honesty
01-25-2014, 03:36 PM
:th_LOL:Debra!