PDA

View Full Version : Birds that aren't parrots ;)

tonkatiel
01-19-2014, 02:52 AM
Some photos I've taken over the last few months... This is my attempt at bird photography - there aren't many but I'm hoping to add to it!

Australian Magpie
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
Superb Fairy-Wrens - I LOVE these little guys! This is a family, the males are blue, and the females are brown - I've been told its rare to get a shot of a pair with their young but I got hundreds of shots of these guys over a few weeks before they moved on :)
A juvenile male Nankeen Kestrel (aka. Australian Kestrel)
Not that you can tell lol but this is a Common Blackbird - one of my favorite photos for some reason :) I'm yet to take a photo of one sitting still, they're so fast!

Maddy
01-19-2014, 04:41 AM
Lovely pictures! Such pretty birds! :th_heart:

Honesty
01-19-2014, 11:22 AM
Lovely pics Emma. :thanks4sharingthumb

Debra
01-19-2014, 02:20 PM
Love those pics! That little family is simply great. I love watching wildlife. Thanks for sharing a little bit of yours.

Blancaej
01-19-2014, 05:40 PM
Great photos Emma! Thank you for sharing!

Turquoise
01-25-2014, 06:17 AM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] those are so pretty and I love the little wrens. Our wrens and finch like birds are mostly shades of brown, no blues or neat colors like that. Australia has so much awesome birds & animals! I always wondered why below the Equator it seems all the beautiful animals & birds live. In fact all the strange & neat & colorful creatures live in the lower countries throughout the world. :(