PDA

View Full Version : Buttercup Joins Us For Dinner

Blancaej
01-19-2014, 01:56 AM
After a busy holiday season, Morgan is finally spending some time with Buttercup again. Here she is hanging out with us during dinner tonight!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Rita
01-19-2014, 02:07 AM
How adorable! Thanks for sharing these nice photo's of Buttercup Blancaej!

Greetings from the Netherlands,
Rita

Maddy
01-19-2014, 04:31 AM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] that's so sweet! :th_heart:

Honesty
01-19-2014, 11:27 AM
What lovely pics :)

spiritbird
01-19-2014, 02:13 PM
Adorable photos of your family.

Debra
01-19-2014, 02:15 PM
I take it she's not as bitey anymore. Those are great! Morgan was loving that.

Blancaej
01-19-2014, 05:44 PM
No she is not Debra! Much better. Even though Morgan was not able to get her out a lot last month, she has been really good with her. We are still working with Blueberry so he is not so hand shy. :)

Pinkbirdy
01-20-2014, 02:40 AM
Looks like Buttercup likes her [if she wants to stay there ] that's good :)

Blancaej
01-20-2014, 02:47 AM
I think she missed hanging out with Morgan. :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Mare
01-20-2014, 03:11 AM
Hi Blanca! Buttercup and Blueberry are such cutie birds and it looks like Morgan is rebonding with Buttercup? I have a question. My sister-in-law called me yesterday to ask me what would be a good bird for her to buy for her eight year old granddaughter. The bird would be living with my sister-in-law, Kathy, but would be her granddaughter's (Jenny) bird who stays with her half time. Kathy has seen Jen around her mother's parakeets and says she's a natural with birds.

My first thought was a cockatiel, I know we love Chip, but afterwards I thought about your Linnie's. What are your thoughts on this? A first bird for an eight year old..would a cockatiel be a good choice?

kendrafitz
01-20-2014, 12:43 PM
Great pics! I love the first one. Poor Morgan does not look overjoyed about sharing her water. My kids would not be do patient. Morgan and Buttercup are getting a great bond it seems!

Blancaej
01-20-2014, 01:22 PM
Hi Blanca! Buttercup and Blueberry are such cutie birds and it looks like Morgan is rebonding with Buttercup? I have a question. My sister-in-law called me yesterday to ask me what would be a good bird for her to buy for her eight year old granddaughter. The bird would be living with my sister-in-law, Kathy, but would be her granddaughter's (Jenny) bird who stays with her half time. Kathy has seen Jen around her mother's parakeets and says she's a natural with birds.

My first thought was a cockatiel, I know we love Chip, but afterwards I thought about your Linnie's. What are your thoughts on this? A first bird for an eight year old..would a cockatiel be a good choice?

A cockatiel was our original plan as I didn't realize we had a Linnie breeder near by. When I asked on another forum for a good suggestion for a bird for Morgan, cockatiel was the most popular answer! Linnies were suggested by several people who had experience with them. They are just starting to gain popularity.

Morgan and I fell in love with linnies after doing research. They are known for being hand shy though, even if hand raised. Blueberry is but thankfully Buttercup is not. We are trying to work with Blueberry. One thing our breeder did say was they do well if they are not handled everyday and I find that to be true with Buttercup. There bites don't really hurt much either. I think the key is for your SIL's granddaughter to pick out one that comes to her. Blueberry was hand shy from day one.

I also think a cockatiel would be an awesome choice! You have experience with chip. Cockatiels are also easier to get. Hope that helps.

Great pics! I love the first one. Poor Morgan does not look overjoyed about sharing her water. My kids would not be do patient. Morgan and Buttercup are getting a great bond it seems!

She actually loved having her drink the water believe it or not. Lol! I know the pic doesn't depict that at all. I think they are bonding well! :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2